Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectJSU averaged over 40k in attendance over the past few seasons.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2777747&mesg_id=2778265
2778265, JSU averaged over 40k in attendance over the past few seasons.
Posted by Mignight Maruder, Sun Dec-11-22 11:12 AM
Equal to Colorado and even greater than some programs with much greater resources: California, Stanford, UCLA, Georgia Tech, Maryland, UVA, and Louisville among others. That is beyond impressive. Prior to Deion arriving, I think their attendance was in the 20-30,000 range - which is still impressive. I’m sure Prime Time gave the city of Jackson a much needed boost to its slumping economy. He definitely gave the program hope and a glimmer - albeit fleeting - of what they can achieve. That would be cool if the program could sustain this pace, but it would be incredibly naive to expect that. Just as it would be naive to expect Prime to stick around for 10+ years at JSU.

Down the road, I do think people/football historians will look back to his stint at JSU with great reverence and fascination.

Colorado is an interesting choice. There is precedent for Colorado being a highly competitive team, but that now seems like a lifetime ago. That national recruiting scene has changed so much that it just seems unfathomable that you can dominate in places like Colorado. It will definitely be fun to watch him rebuild that program. I highly doubt he stays there longer than 5 years though. My gut tells me he’ll use CFB as a springboard to the NFL.