Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectKerr is honest about his shortcomings, and Kuminga and Moody
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2777533&mesg_id=2778263
2778263, Kerr is honest about his shortcomings, and Kuminga and Moody
Posted by Castro, Sun Dec-11-22 10:20 AM
were on the list of things he had to figure out for the Dubs. Wiseman of course is #1. How do you integrate these three into this system and adjust the system for their talent without throwing the parts of the system that work for the stars out of kilter. Throw in Poole to this as well. Kerr and his staff were so excited by Kuminga last season because of his motor and finishing skill that they threw him into the mix too early. Now he has had time to get his legs and understands the system better and they know how he fits in offensively and defensively at this point.

This is the difference between Kerr and a Thibs, who reacts and then plugs someone in, but doesn't adjust his sets or anything. (Although we are seeing some signs finally that someone got through to him and folks that were stuck in the corner actually get something to do on offense).

Anyway, what Kerr has done will of course make the Dubs a problem once again in the spring once Wiggins is back. It remains to be seen what they will do with Wiseman; I know some of us were saying trade him but fuck that, there is no one in the league with that size and motor and potential skill set. I think if he isn't sidetracked by injuries, will be a perfect counter for the new uber mobile bigs like Wenbanyama and Bol Bol. A 7 footer with strength and quickness to body that type of player. So in the long run I think the Dubs help him develop and he becomes the centerpiece of their defense and skilled scorer that controls the boards.