Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectBol Muphuckin Bol
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2777533&mesg_id=2777936
2777936, Bol Muphuckin Bol
Posted by Castro, Tue Dec-06-22 08:48 AM
I know we are waiting for Ralph Sampson 3.0 to arrive from France next year, but um, Manute's son is in Orlando doing things that are not normal even by the lofty standards of the league.

I think Denver was hard for him physically, adjusting to the league and playing a mile high...it ain't for everyone. But down in Florida, he is now healthy, a couple of years wiser, and he understands that he is a matchup problem for EVERYONE. Finishing at the rim with either hand, LEGIT handles...a mid range game that is from another planet, and surprisingly quick footwork for someone 7'2". Its like watching a taller Brandon Ingram (the Pels version). No look passes, beats everyone to the rim for the board...you simply cannot take your eyes off of him once he is on the floor because when he gets the rock, he can literally do anything and everything.

I think when he showed up, folks laughed at the name and then thought he would be a novelty of sorts in the manner his father was in the league. But I remember Manute coming out of school at Bridgeport and he WAS overmatched when he got to the league, but ended up playing a decade in the league.

Bol Bol clearly has the work ethic because he wouldn't possess the skill level he has without it. I think he needs another 15 pounds to mitigate any physicality employed in defending him...but other than that, skill wise, he is faaaar ahead of where Giannis was year 3. Now they are different types of players so don't confuse that with saying he will have the same impact, but watch this dude and tell me he isn't electric. He has the potential to be an All-Star and possibly more.