Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectthat would still be a hypothetical, lmao
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2777533&mesg_id=2777759
2777759, that would still be a hypothetical, lmao
Posted by Cold Truth, Sun Dec-04-22 12:42 PM
I could name names and that wouldn't magically make the trade happen.

>we could get for AD that would miraculously turn us around?

I don't believe I said anything about trading him for someone who would miraculously turn this around.

That's not at all what I said. I'm talking about tearing it down.

So the next time you get all "fuck the hypotheticals!" maybe learn to fucking read first, and then learn what hypothetical means. The combination of both should help you immensely.

But since we're here, I wouldn't trade him for an impact player, because that's not what you do in a rebuild. I'd trade him for deals that expire in the next year or two, and picks.

I'd say Chicago for Derozan and Vuc, but

A- I don't know their pick situation. They gave up a lot for Vuc, and we'd need at least two unprotected coming back.
B- you'd get all BUT THEY WOULD'T HELP US WIN, despite me spelling out for you that that isn't the goal here

>What teams are going to give up high lottery picks for him?

Future picks. Meaning, we wouldn't know where those picks would land. That's always something of a gamble.
But that's literally every other deal involving future picks.

As usual you'll be fixated on the picks themselves and not as currency, which would be the primary goal with what I want to do.

At least in that scenario, we could let Russ walk and give up nothing, or find a team at the deadline that is willing to give up something for a salary dump. as long as it's within a two year window, I'd take whatever comes our way. ideally 2-3 smaller deals.

Then we'd keep this year's pick, wherever NO lands. We'd have that plus chicago's 2 picks and our own two- so a total of five plus a Derozan expiring to deal if we kept Lebron, OR, ship Lebron for a similarly pick-focused package, and try to get another couple assets for Derozan.

So, summer of 24 we're freshly stocked with picks to trade and cap room to sign someone.

And just to clear up any confusion, I'm not magic or anything, so saying this out loud doesn't change the fact that it's all still hypothetical.