Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectNot a lot of boring teams at the Winter Meetings
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2777442&mesg_id=2778108
2778108, Not a lot of boring teams at the Winter Meetings
Posted by Walleye, Thu Dec-08-22 10:26 PM
Looks like they took some meetings really well though. A remote meeting with Dansby Swanson the day after floating "interest" in Xander Bogaerts is definitely an honest effort at pressuring Correa or whatever. Of course, nothing that has happened should displease Correa and his agent at all so "honest effort" is looking like our upper limit here.

They met with Christian Vazquez too, apparently. Maybe even made an offer. Both those sentences were too boring to bother with sneer quotes around "met with" and "made an offer." That's how boring that non-news was. Everybody is signing people. For really long contracts too. I don't watch football or basketball (I watch basketball once and awhile) and indoor track isn't interesting yet.

Though my team had a time trial today. A triple-jumper that I worked with during the fall PR'd by two feet. We got a new, actual horizontal jumps coach to work with our jumpers this year, after me and the other distance assistant had to step in and manage long and triple jumps last year. We sucked at it, but the kids got better and had fun. So I'm taking, like 4% credit for this kid's giant improvement because I had to stand outside in the rain twice a week this fall and pretend to know about triple jump. Admire my sacrifice. My distance runners are looking deep after a decent XC season, and they're showing a bit more early pop than usual. I get nervous when they run too fast, too early. At their age, staying healthy for full, consecutive seasons is really important developmentally. I try to remember that before I schedule a week - that there are worse answers than going too easy. Anyhow, a bunch of them PR'd from last track season. Two of them ran under 5:00 for the first time. That's not particularly fast, but it's always a nice milestone and it makes me happy when a runner cracks it for the first time.

I wrote all of that in the hopes of refreshing MLBTraderumors one more time, but it's still just Brandon Nimmo. Gonna be honest - I didn't realize that he was that good. Nice job, Brandon Nimmo. Get that 2023 New York Mets money, which is apparently pretty abundant. Nice time to be a Mets fan. Congratulations, you bunch.