Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectIt’s not that I’m “accepting” the “what is”, it’s just that’s what is
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2776899&mesg_id=2777311
2777311, It’s not that I’m “accepting” the “what is”, it’s just that’s what is
Posted by soulfunk, Tue Nov-29-22 02:25 PM
being discussed because the initial question was “why” he isn’t being talked about. I’m just discussing the reasons why. I absolutely don’t agree that it’s how it “should” be.

I think the big reason that it’s this way is because there are SO many teams and players in CFB. So the media tends to narrow down the discussion. It starts out before the season with Heisman watch candidates, and those players end up getting an advantage because they are in the conversation early. Then as the weeks go by, that list tends to be updated based on the best teams and the best players on those teams. The sportswriters wrote about players who are generating the most clicks, so all of that creates bias.

None of that should matter at all, but because it’s the media who votes on the award it ends up being a thing where they choose the winner based on the biased narrative that they created themselves.