Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: i dont care about the covid year
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2776899&mesg_id=2777258
2777258, RE: i dont care about the covid year
Posted by cgonz00cc, Mon Nov-28-22 10:01 PM

>LOL. so day's unverified comments which you claim were made
>upon his hiring were real but the football that was played on
>the field in 2020 wasn't. like I have no idea if this is some
>epic backtracking or just straight up gaslighting but either
>way it's hilarious. just because you didn't include the
>memories from that season in your personal scrapbook doesn't
>mean it didn't happen. and that mich didn't not choose to not
>show up for the game.

enough time has passed that if those comments werent made, there would have been some denial of some sort from somewhere. it happened, and it got shoved back in his face in a way i find humorous.

and i didnt say it wasnt real, i said i dont care.

https://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2717401&mesg_id=2717401&listing_type=search#2717481

as you can see, my current position is quite consistent with my position from 2 and a half years ago.

>so it was antagonistic but also benign? uhhh ok.

well yeah. it wasnt an attack on his goddamn humanity. it was sports trash talk. when Larry Bird said "Merry fuckin Christmas" to Chuck Person was that antagonistic? yes. was it malicious, insulting, or mean? no. the two words arent mutually exclusive antonyms.

>I said nothing about morality which as far as im concerned
>doesn't exist in cfb. you regurgitated mich messageboard
>propaganda about day's supposed comments as justification for
>harbaugh's classless bad winner comments and faux victimhood
>schtick. so i corrected you.

i think the standards of sportsmanship have risen dramatically over the last 53 weeks

>I never asked you to condemn anything. root for whatever
>classless and antagonizing garbage you want. but at least deal
>in reality about what it is. instead of the cult hero worship
>and never ending vicitmization and blame deflection about
>CRIMES! and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches lol.

the reality is that its all trash talk, which seemed to be fine for everyone when Michigan was lost in the wilderness. now that Michigan is back to dropping bombs on people and having the temerity to have a laugh about it, im supposed to do what exactly? pretend to be offended? tsk tsk at Jim Harbaugh?

yes, he trash talked Ryan Day and I dont give a fuck. no one else seems to either. he's apparently enough of a sportsman to coach his team not to do unsportsmanlike things during games or get physical with other teams outside of the lines or attempt to belittle the academics of opposing players. thats good enough for me.