Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectthey gave Ryan Day a 2 year extension and raise in May
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2776899&mesg_id=2777237
2777237, they gave Ryan Day a 2 year extension and raise in May
Posted by guru0509, Mon Nov-28-22 06:01 PM
9.5 million a year for what? getting humiliated by Oregon and Michigan at home and barely beating Utah in the Rose Bowl? I didn't agree with it then.

>the defense the past 2 seasons was a disaster* so they gave 2
>mil to Knowles to run the show.

I was never impressed with that hire tbh, the big 12 might be worse than the big 10 and isn't exactly known for elite defense either, his team performed well defensively against the sisters of the poor in Americas praireland but gave up huge runs and plays in the most important game of the year. Dude should be paid in Subway sandwiches and bus fare.

>It's just not a rational move to fire Day right now and
>something like that could backfire horribly. But you have
>Hartline who looks like a HC in waiting but same deal with Day
>in that he has no HC experience. And I have no idea if Vrabel
>would come back to college but that's a name I would throw out
>there. Other than that there aren't any obvious choices
>waiting in the wings.

I know he won't be fired now, but I think it's just delaying the inevitable. He's lost the fan base.

this is THE worst loss in the 100-year-old history of the Shoe. Period.

>*Day's hiring of Coombs was by far the most fireable thing
>he's done since he's been here

I would say it's the complete abandonment of the running QB aspect of this offense. Even the NFL is making use of dual-threat mobile elusive QBs.

This season was NOT fun at all, even when we won it felt like we always could have done better. This team would get murdered by UGA and maybe even TCU.

Just soft (as in mentally weak, easily goaded into personal foul penalties and being distracted from the play) and undisciplined all around (all the penalties, miscues, dropped balls)