Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subject47 years and 1,100+ wins at your alma mater
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2776304&mesg_id=2784540
2784540, 47 years and 1,100+ wins at your alma mater
Posted by DJR, Wed Mar-08-23 09:48 PM
I think it’s safe to say that will probably never happen again. 5 years too late, but whatever. Before that, Boeheim did an amazing job and I’ve got nothing but respect. Our teams never flopped as a strategy or fouled on purpose because “they can’t call them all” as a strategy, and I’ll forever respect that. In his prime, from Pearl to Coleman to Carmelo to Flynn, we got up and down the court and played one of the more aesthetically pleasing styles of ball that’s been played in college hoops. For 30+ years.

Also, it’s impossible to know if he will be a good head coach, but there’s nobody I’ll root harder for than Autry. Glad we hired a normal guy from Harlem that started for 4 years at the Cuse and has been on staff for over a decade and not one of these corny ass “look at me” goofballs like Danny Hurley at UConn, for example. I can root for Red, a lot of these younger generation coaches would be a no go for me and I wouldn’t have nearly the same passion for the program. I’ll be rooting harder than I ever have next year because of Autry.