Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI know this is a NCAAM post, but I wanted to touch on women's USC/SU
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2776304&mesg_id=2776643
2776643, I know this is a NCAAM post, but I wanted to touch on women's USC/SU
Posted by obsidianchrysalis, Sun Nov-20-22 08:58 PM
Stanford (#2) hosted South Carolina (#1) today. Pretty hyped game as it aired on ABC during the afternoon.

Only caught the 4th but Stanford had a chance to put the game away it went cold through most of the quarter. SU had a chance to cinch the game, but Haley Jones missed a big free throw with under 20 seconds that would have put them up by 3. They held Boston well under her averages. USC was clutch as they tied the game with about 3 seconds left on a shot by Boston.

Stanford had some chances to send the game into 2OT. Still, some head-scratching decisions (Giving up an Off RB on a 1&1 with under 30 seconds to go, a 5-second violation on an inbound following a TO after getting a steal, and calling a TO they didn't have with under 10 seconds) by Stanford shot themselves in the foot.

This was the 7th straight game that Stanford lost while playing #1 and being ranked #2.