Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectTheir ages are 20, 20, and 21.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2776045&mesg_id=2776419
2776419, Their ages are 20, 20, and 21.
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Nov-17-22 01:29 PM
I definitely believe in Moody long-term, and I believe in Kuminga's upside and think it's worth developing. I'm more skeptical on Wiseman-- if only because I don't give a ton of value to traditional bigs in today's NBA-- but all three of them are just *so young.*

I think they *have* to play these kids to develop them, even if it's to the detriment of the record. I'm sure they believe that, as long as they make the playoffs, they can beat anyone if everyone's healthy, so homecourt doesn't matter as much to them. But with the needs to extend Wiggins (and Poole, though I questioned that move some), and the amount of money they already have on the books... they just didn't have a lot of flexibility to get some of those versatile 3-and-D wing types on the cheap for the bench this year. And they'll have the same problem next year (unless they deal Poole or let Draymond and/or Wiseman walk).

So the bench *has* to get better. And I think they more or less will, with time-- there's just a world in which they need more than just one more season to become impact bench players in the NBA at their age, and the Warriors' timeline may just be *slightly* misaligned.