Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRead the whole quote, because that was my takeaway
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2776045&mesg_id=2776405
2776405, Read the whole quote, because that was my takeaway
Posted by bentagain, Thu Nov-17-22 10:50 AM
KD - you expect me and 4 others to win...because I'm Kevin Durant

Taking that one paragraph out of his statement and trying analyze it is lazy

If you read the whole quote, I think you'll agree, he's saying exactly what he should be saying

I'm really good at bball and we should be winning games.

"Look at our starting lineup. Edmond Sumner, Royce O’Neale, Joe Harris, Claxton and me,” Durant said. “It’s not disrespect, but what are you expecting from that group? You expect us to win because I’m out there. So if you’re watching from that lens, you’re expecting us to play well because No. 7 is out there.”

“I’m really having a good time.” Durant said. “I wish y’all could hear me talk during the game. If I got mic’d up more, people would stop asking me if I’m happy or not. I’m enjoying every moment I get to step on this f------ court, and part of it is because I tore my Achilles. And the pandemic, I didn’t know if we were going to play again. I didn’t know if I was going to play again.

“I was just like, ‘This can’t be it for me.’ I have to really enjoy every single moment I’m out here. That’s part of being a pro. I have to be coachable, I have to knock down shots, I have to be aggressive, and I have to talk to my teammates the right way. That’s the journey and the battle.”

Despite playing with players who aren’t as big of superstars as Durant, the forward admitted that he’s had to play with so many different players in his career on different teams and such, so it’s not as big of an adjustment for him.

“I can play with anybody, anywhere, at any time, and you know I’m going bring it every day,” Durant said. “That should be my legacy.”

Twitter ain't $hit.