Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectWho's "us"? lol
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2775233&mesg_id=2775900
2775900, Who's "us"? lol
Posted by Frank Longo, Tue Nov-08-22 03:37 PM
I've been saying on here that I have real concerns about how Poole fits longterm with that team, especially if Draymond leaves, because I think the defense could fall apart in a hurry. If Poole's not making his shots, his defense is bad enough that he's a pure net negative player.

For that reason, Poole always struck me as the sort of dude who long term feels like a 20 PPG scorer on a 30-35 win team. He was gonna get paid-- and his offensive performance the last 1-2 years and his development merits that, the money is well-earned... I'm just kinda surprised Golden State ended up being the ones to pay him.

Then again, when it's home grown talent, maybe they believe there's more there. And over time, Steph went from someone who was a zero on defense to someone who at least knew where to stand and how to not blow a rotation. Like, Steph *works* on that end, even despite his limitations. Maybe they think, over time, Poole can do the same. I'm skeptical, personally, but I'm also not a member of one of the best player development franchises of the last decade, so the fuck do I know.