Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectThe answer to that question explains it:
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2775233&mesg_id=2775653
2775653, The answer to that question explains it:
Posted by Dr Claw, Sat Nov-05-22 05:28 PM
>"Jays | Cavs | Eagles | Sabres | Tarheels"

I'm originally from Western NY but moved 2 times, to Indiana and to SC as I grew up.

The reason I was born/raised in WNY is closely related to my parents (who are from the Carolinas) meeting and marrying in Cleveland (where I live today).

Through the WNY/CLE ties gives you Blue Jays, Sabres, Cavaliers

Though my basketball team could have easily been Knicks (who I supported in the 90s, they used to practice in Charleston near where I lived at the time), or the Pacers.

My football team would have been one of the following AFC teams: Bills, Browns, Colts in that order

It's the Eagles because when I really got into football, it was in pre-Panthers Carolina where Washington was the most popular team, and a lot of fans there were either their fans or Cowboys fans. Some neighbors of mine who were mostly Philly sports fans convinced me to their side. Been Eagles since, since it removed that AFC confusion.

As for college sports, Tarheels won due to NC family ties and that was the team. Could have easily been the Gamecocks though. That's all sports, though, not just basketball.

Since I didn't stay in one place for a while and the place I did didn't have any teams for the longest, I just stuck to teams.

Had I?

The NY thread would have been Jays/Bills/Sabres/Knicks (probably Cuse)
The CLE thread would have been all Cleveland teams (and probably OSU)
The Indiana thread would have been Pacers/Colts (and the last two teams a tossup. My cousin went to Purdue so I might pick them over the area's favorite Hoosiers, baseball might end up being Reds because they were a local favorite. Could also be one of the Chicago teams)
The Carolina thread would have been Panthers/Hornets/Heels ...and NOW Hurricanes (f/k/a The "Butt" Team from Hartford)