Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectNBA - week of 10/31/22
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2775233
2775233, NBA - week of 10/31/22
Posted by Beezo, Mon Oct-31-22 03:43 PM
Simmons out tonight for the Nets. Where Brooklyn at?? smh

Sacramento
@

Charlotte
7:00 PM

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Philadelphia
@

Washington
7:00 PM

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Indiana
@

Brooklyn
7:30 PM
NBA TV

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Atlanta
@

Toronto
7:30 PM

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Detroit
@

Milwaukee
8:00 PM

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Memphis
@

Utah
9:00 PM

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Houston
@

LA
10:30 PM
2775239, Who’s responsible for the garbage Sacramento has on the floor?
Posted by Beezo, Mon Oct-31-22 07:22 PM
2775247, Save these bums Heurter!!
Posted by Beezo, Mon Oct-31-22 08:32 PM
Fear The Turtle
2775240, Nets are blazing out the gates tonight
Posted by Vex_id, Mon Oct-31-22 07:26 PM
Team looks really motivated, almost as if they are rallying behind Kyrie. Nick Friedell (the columnist who had the viral exchange with Kyrie the other night) noted today that the younger Nets players really admire Kyrie and respect him immensely as a leader - and that he's generally very well liked across the board on the roster. You can really see it in how they are fighting tonight behind him.

Interesting way to galvanize your team but Nets are desperate for a win for sure.

-->
2775243, Blew a 25 point lead and its now down to 7
Posted by guru0509, Mon Oct-31-22 07:47 PM
edit its back up to 15 but ...

this team is so unlikeable and they play such shitty basketball I often find myself rooting for the team without 3 players on Max contracts

Claxton has terrible hands. Joe Harris is a shooter that cant shoot, or put the ball on the floor. Ben Simmons thinks its a fashion show. just blah

>Team looks really motivated, almost as if they are rallying
>behind Kyrie. Nick Friedell (the columnist who had the viral
>exchange with Kyrie the other night) noted today that the
>younger Nets players really admire Kyrie and respect him
>immensely as a leader - and that he's generally very well
>liked across the board on the roster. You can really see it
>in how they are fighting tonight behind him.
>
>Interesting way to galvanize your team but Nets are desperate
>for a win for sure.
>
>
>-->
2775245, back up to 19 in the 3rd.
Posted by Vex_id, Mon Oct-31-22 08:08 PM
All I'm saying is this is the most inspired they've looked this year, and Kyrie is playing great once again tonight (he's played great this year thus far despite the losses).

I still think they can turn this around, but I totally get why Nets fans would be disgusted at this point.

-->
2775248, It’s also against a Pacers team expected to finish near the basement.
Posted by Frank Longo, Mon Oct-31-22 09:32 PM
Beating that team by 7 doesn’t exactly inspire confidence in me that they are on the right track tbh.
2775261, pretty much
Posted by Cenario, Tue Nov-01-22 08:39 AM
2775241, Way too early for MVP but uh…Giannis.
Posted by Ryan M, Mon Oct-31-22 07:38 PM
I know Luka has the eye popping stats.

And we’re “used to” Giannis but the man is averaging 34/14/6 as if that shit isn’t insane already. And also he’s winning without his #2. Just insane. Dude is on a serious mission to strong arm into that top 10.
2775242, Yup, Giannis has been an absolute monster thus far
Posted by Vex_id, Mon Oct-31-22 07:46 PM
Bucks are the only undefeated team left in the league, and Giannis has put his imprint on every single game in such a dominant way. Also doing it with Middleton out.

Giannis is the best player in the NBA right now.

-->
2775246, Maxey on another level this year.
Posted by Beezo, Mon Oct-31-22 08:28 PM
2775250, Utah, Frank!
Posted by allStah, Mon Oct-31-22 10:35 PM
Nope!
2775251, They’ve started hot.
Posted by Frank Longo, Mon Oct-31-22 10:50 PM
Lauri Markannen is playing like an All-Star player, maybe even All-NBA. Maybe the new coach is just straight up that dude.

I still highly doubt they hang on and make the playoffs, would be incredible if they did. They’d be the worst roster to make the playoffs in god knows how long. Credit to them for not immediately getting on board for the tank, I guess.

(Also, you never voted for your worst team, and I didn’t vote for the Jazz. But don’t let that stop you from thinking you have something when I include one of the two Vegas favorites preseason for next year’s #1 pick on that poll, lol.)
2775252, How did the Lakers let Bojan get away?
Posted by Frank Longo, Mon Oct-31-22 10:55 PM
Pistons got him for next to NOTHING. And he’s playing like a guy with an outside shot at an All-Star for Detroit.
2775254, Either that Pelinka sucks or/and Laker tax.
Posted by Ryan M, Mon Oct-31-22 11:27 PM
2775258, Rob has been wise not to trade Russ and those picks
Posted by Cold Truth, Tue Nov-01-22 12:13 AM
None of what’s been available is a big enough difference maker to make it worth mortgaging what little we have left.

Best case scenario, we play the hand we have, as is, and let the chips fall where they fall.

We either get someone who wants Russ expiring badly enough to gove up something without us giving up picks, or we let him walk.

We trade Bron and AD summer for whatever we can get, and we at lesst have something to rebuild with.

We’ll have to rebuild in two years anyways, trading those picks just means we’ll have even less to build with.
2775259, Sure. Doesn’t mean he hasn’t been bad for 2 years though.
Posted by Ryan M, Tue Nov-01-22 12:29 AM
2775263, I’m specifically addressing why we aren’t landing players right now
Posted by Cold Truth, Tue Nov-01-22 08:42 AM
2775256, Say we got him for a pick. Then what?
Posted by Cold Truth, Tue Nov-01-22 12:03 AM
You’re not a Lakers fan.

So I’m sure you’ll think Lebron’s play-in berth will have been worth the squeeze when we suck and someone else is picking the player that should/could have been ours.

Or when we badly need to improve the roster *again*, and, yet again, we’re ass up over a barrel with minimal assets because it was more important to get Lebron to the playoffs for his one-and-done than it is to take care of the long term health and viability of the actual franchise.

None of these guys are worth becoming the Knicks.
2775290, The Pistons didn’t use a pick.
Posted by Frank Longo, Tue Nov-01-22 12:50 PM
They traded an Olynyk contract that only has 3 mil on the books next year and a player that Utah immediately cut.

My question wasn’t “why didn’t the Lakers mortgage the future to get Bojan?” It was a simple one with clear context. If a team got a good player without using a pick or even a real noteworthy asset, then how were the Lakers not in play for him?
2775321, I'm saying that WE would have had to give up a pick.
Posted by Cold Truth, Tue Nov-01-22 02:37 PM
My statement was a simple one with clear context.

If a deal like that were on the table, we'd have taken it.

The Lakers Tax is a thing, Frank. Particularly considering this is Danny Ainge we're talking about in Utah.

And you know well that the only things we have of any real value, are those picks and Russ' contract.

They weren't taking back Bev. Nunn's contract is too small.

Who would we have dealt, to make the salaries match? Most of our team is newly signed free agents that can't be traded until December.

It would have had to have been part of a larger Russ deal, and nobody is taking that without those picks.

Teams know we're in a serious bind, need talent, have few assets, and want to crank up the asking prices on us.

But let's say that's not the case.

Why didn't, quite literally, anyone else jump in? How many teams could have used a guy like that?

Atlanta, Milwaukee (particularly given that Middleton is out), NY, BK, Phoenix, Boston, Dallas, there are a ton of teams who could use a guy like that. Phoenix and Crowder, for example, could have been the centerpiece.

So if you're asking this of the Lakers, I'd say that the same can be asked of nearly anyone else.

But I still contend that the Lakers tax is the biggest reason. Someone would have to be doing us a favor these days just for us to get a deal that anyone else can get. Our price will generally be higher, especially if we're trying to deal with Ainge.
2775260, Another player that's been playing better in this early season
Posted by Numba_33, Tue Nov-01-22 07:37 AM
has been Dennis Smith Jr. Good for him to bounce back in a sense. If memory serves me correct, he hurt his back around the time he got traded to the Knicks and wasn't the same after that. He lost a measurable amount of explosiveness to this game, which was pretty much is bread and butter on offense since he has no reliable jumper or outside game.

Assuming he continues to play at this somewhat improved level, I wonder what he'll do after this season since I'm assuming he's going to want to go to a better team than Charlotte.

Wonder what changed for him to finally get right.
2775255, kawhi missing more games due to knee/load management.
Posted by Reeq, Mon Oct-31-22 11:57 PM
https://twitter.com/SInow/status/1587260792562339840

for all the talk about anthony davis...
2775257, He’s done. Also, it’s the Clippers. It’s not like there’s a legacy to tarnish
Posted by Cold Truth, Tue Nov-01-22 12:07 AM
Clips gonna clip.

The Lakers are being viewed in contrast to their rich history and winning tradition.

For the Clippers, this is largely par.

Plus people care about the Lakers- even the people who hate them.
2775262, pretty on point. plus KW has led multiple teams to chips...AD has not.
Posted by Cenario, Tue Nov-01-22 08:41 AM
AD is tied to Lebron, KW is not. The amount of eyeballs tuned into Laker nation just doesnt compare.
2775281, Kawhi really gave it all to the Raptors.
Posted by Ryan M, Tue Nov-01-22 12:03 PM
I mean...really...last time he was healthy was in the bubble, but...yikes. He's kinda cooked, huh?
2775282, The wild Butterfly Effect of that Zaza Pachulia injury.
Posted by Numba_33, Tue Nov-01-22 12:09 PM
So wild how so many teams were affected by such an insignificant player. Am I correct in assuming the knee that's giving him issues was the same one that was injured those years ago?
2775342, GOAT TRAJECTORY SF!
Posted by 40thStreetBlack, Tue Nov-01-22 08:32 PM
2775276, Steve Nash just got clapped...wowzers
Posted by Dstl1, Tue Nov-01-22 11:55 AM
2775277, I thought they’d wait for the 10 game mark , but damn
Posted by guru0509, Tue Nov-01-22 12:00 PM
2775278, Bet he’s moonwalking out the door.
Posted by Beezo, Tue Nov-01-22 12:01 PM
Like y’all can have it.
2775279, fuck yes.
Posted by Cenario, Tue Nov-01-22 12:02 PM
2775280, No better gig than fired NBA coach
Posted by Ryan M, Tue Nov-01-22 12:02 PM
How many years does he have left? Dude's gonna be making TikToks with his daughter while cashing checks and not having to deal with that mess.

Good for both sides.
2775285, Would be sadly hilarious if Jacque Vaughn got the gig
Posted by Numba_33, Tue Nov-01-22 12:26 PM
and manages to actually right the cruddy ship that is the Brooklyn Nets.

**edit**
Just saw an alert on my phone right after my post that Jacque Vaughn will be the interim coach.

The main reason for my initial response was that Jacque Vaughn was the head coach for the Nets before Steve Nash got there, was fired, and had to remain as assistant coach for all the time Nash was stealing checks.
2775286, what coach outside the organization would want that job?
Posted by Reeq, Tue Nov-01-22 12:34 PM
2775288, I guarantee he's happy to be out of there. Ha
Posted by Sofian_Hadi, Tue Nov-01-22 12:44 PM
2775289, LMAO they did that man a solid
Posted by Cold Truth, Tue Nov-01-22 12:46 PM
2775291, He’s been a bad coach, but it’s also a really bad situation.
Posted by Frank Longo, Tue Nov-01-22 12:53 PM
Even if you ignore the off-court/chemistry stuff (and you shouldn’t), if Ben Simmons isn’t in game shape enough to be a net positive defender, let alone the defender he once was, then their roster is a mortal lock to be the worst defense in the NBA. Kyrie won’t defend. Ben currently can’t. Royce O’Neal is overrated without Gobert cleaning up behind him. Most of the bench is AWFUL defensively. So their best defender is a 34-year-old who also is carrying a huge chunk of the offensive burden AND is a mortal lock to miss 15-20 games this year.

Like… they need Ben to be old Ben very very badly. lol. And even then, I don’t think that would’ve been enough to save Nash’s job.
2775293, That being said they should have enough offense (on paper) to win 50
Posted by Cenario, Tue Nov-01-22 01:03 PM
games and make the 2nd round AT LEAST.

Nash ain't do shit on that side of the ball.
2775302, That assumes that the stars want to run a motion offense.
Posted by Frank Longo, Tue Nov-01-22 01:21 PM
Like, the iso ball your turn-my turn offense, even with stars, is increasingly less likely to get it done in the NBA going forward. Especially if not everyone on the floor can shoot and pass.

Cuts, screens, occupying space in motion-- we've seen it for years in Golden State, we've seen it with Milwaukee, we're seeing it with Memphis, etc. It'll be interesting to see if Udoka can get Durant/Kyrie to try to run more of a system on offense.

Because they haven't been a Top 10 offense in the league since Harden left. Maybe your turn-my turn only works if you have 3 of the best 8 offensive players in the world, and it doesn't work with 2. *shrug*
2775292, So much for Joe Tsai's display of "support" for Nash lol
Posted by Vex_id, Tue Nov-01-22 12:56 PM
https://twitter.com/joetsai1999/status/1556791235427405824?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

-->
2775294, Are you under the impression that minds don't change?
Posted by Cold Truth, Tue Nov-01-22 01:06 PM
Moreover, the reporting thus far has been calling it "a mutual decision".

Even if it's not, change is inevitable with this sort of struggle so early in the season.

2775296, "Mutual" usually is a euphemism to finesse the firing
Posted by Vex_id, Tue Nov-01-22 01:14 PM
and soften the blow.

It's November 1st. It's not like the hole is insurmountable at this point (and they just won). While there's probably more going on behind the scenes (as is always the case) - it's hard to say that the purported "support" was steadfast after firing Nash *this* early.
-->
2775317, Can we agree that "usually" and "always" are different things?
Posted by Cold Truth, Tue Nov-01-22 02:00 PM
>and soften the blow.
>
>It's November 1st. It's not like the hole is insurmountable
>at this point (and they just won). While there's probably
>more going on behind the scenes (as is always the case) - it's
>hard to say that the purported "support" was steadfast after
>firing Nash *this* early.

It's hard to say.... well... anything.

Because things haven't completely shaken out on the information front.

He may have been fired outright.
He may have requested to leave.

The way it worked out could have gone a few different ways.

But we really don't know.
2775327, For sure.
Posted by Vex_id, Tue Nov-01-22 04:11 PM

>It's hard to say.... well... anything.
>
>Because things haven't completely shaken out on the
>information front.
>
>He may have been fired outright.
>He may have requested to leave.
>
>The way it worked out could have gone a few different ways.
>
>But we really don't know.

What we do know is that Tsai's "support" for Nash was flimsy af.

-->
2775328, No, we just know that Nash is no longer coach of the Nets
Posted by Cold Truth, Tue Nov-01-22 04:35 PM
It's cool that you're comfortable making assertions that you can't really support with any actual facts though.
2775339, Fact: Tsai fired Nash with ~93% of the games left in the season
Posted by Vex_id, Tue Nov-01-22 07:48 PM
Based on that fact, I'm making the assertion that Tsai's "support" for Nash wasn't nearly as rock-solid as it was purported to be. In the off-season the narrative being pushed (and Tsai's own words) demonstrate that Tsai was siding with Nash & Marks over KD & Kyrie and their antics. Turns out that this was incorrect, at least as it pertained to Nash. He was on the chopping block and ultimately became the scapegoat for the dysfunction of this group.

That said, I fully realize why a change had to come in Brooklyn. Nash lost the respect of the players (for whatever reason), and he was unable to implement schemes (particularly on the defensive end) that solved Brooklyn's ills, despite having immense talent to work with. But you could easily make the argument that KD & Kyrie's approach has stifled the spirit of the team and prevented any continuity. Nonetheless, it's clear that Nash was the scapegoat here - and ultimately - he was not supported by Tsai and took the fall.

-->
2775284, Ime Udoka to Brooklyn! Let’s make it happen!
Posted by allStah, Tue Nov-01-22 12:24 PM
Udoka should quit right now…leave Boston wack ass in the dust.
2775295, The last thing the nets need is an undisciplined unprofessional doofus at the helm
Posted by guru0509, Tue Nov-01-22 01:12 PM
>Udoka should quit right now…leave Boston wack ass in the
>dust.

I’d like to see Sam Cassell get that job
2775301, Welp...ain't gonna be Sam
Posted by Dstl1, Tue Nov-01-22 01:19 PM
2775297, "How can we clean up the mess of this organization?"
Posted by Frank Longo, Tue Nov-01-22 01:15 PM
"Let's hire the guy who sleeps with the female staff!"

Like, no doubt Udoka is a better coaching mind than Nash, but good grief. I guess they figure no unsavory details about that scandal will be any worse than the stuff Kyrie might say at any given moment, lol.
2775304, The Nets clearly are in win now and right now mode
Posted by Numba_33, Tue Nov-01-22 01:23 PM
The combination of not having those seven picks because of the James Harden trade and possibly not wanting to resign Kyrie to a new four year deal because of all the past and recent nonsense he's dredged up is going to make Brooklyn become desperate.

I wonder how big of a bag Brooklyn is going to throw at Udoka.
2775310, I just don't know what Udoka can do to fix that.
Posted by Frank Longo, Tue Nov-01-22 01:40 PM
I think he'll certainly make things *better* by better utilizing guys like Simmons than Nash did and finding creative sets to theoretically execute (assuming the stars want to get on board).

But this team isn't going to be better on defense through effort alone. The guards are all small, and every guard/wing outside of O'Neal is *real* bad on defense. Claxton and Simmons aren't rim protectors. And as you pointed out, they are *incredibly* restricted in the potential moves they can make due to lack of draft equity.

Like, their defense right now, small sample size notwithstanding, is on pace to be easily one of the worst in *years.* And there's a roster component to that struggle, without question. Then when you add the reluctance of certain players on the roster to give a flying fuck about off-ball action, the problems compound.

So even with a really smart on-court coach like Udoka, I just... don't know what realistically he can do with this roster. If he can make this defense even a top 20 in the NBA defense, he'd make my Coach of the Year shortlist, lol.
2775313, In theory, this move should register some improvement
Posted by Numba_33, Tue Nov-01-22 01:50 PM
>I think he'll certainly make things *better* by better
>utilizing guys like Simmons than Nash did and finding creative
>sets to theoretically execute (assuming the stars want to get
>on board).
>
>But this team isn't going to be better on defense through
>effort alone. The guards are all small, and every guard/wing
>outside of O'Neal is *real* bad on defense. Claxton and
>Simmons aren't rim protectors. And as you pointed out, they
>are *incredibly* restricted in the potential moves they can
>make due to lack of draft equity.
>
>Like, their defense right now, small sample size
>notwithstanding, is on pace to be easily one of the worst in
>*years.* And there's a roster component to that struggle,
>without question. Then when you add the reluctance of certain
>players on the roster to give a flying fuck about off-ball
>action, the problems compound.
>
>So even with a really smart on-court coach like Udoka, I
>just... don't know what realistically he can do with this
>roster. If he can make this defense even a top 20 in the NBA
>defense, he'd make my Coach of the Year shortlist, lol.

Udoka is clearly a better head coach than Nash and to paraphrase the Iron Sheik, he had a hand in humbling the Nets old country style last year when he swept them, so I'd hope at least Durant would seriously lend an ear to what Udoka will sell to the team. I wonder how well Kyrie and Udoka meshed when Udoka was an assistant in Boston when Kyrie was there, assuming they did indeed cross paths.

I mainly agree with you about this possibly failing because I don't know how much Ben Simmons will improve matters as he going to be the x-factor for this team to prosper. He's going to have to be a scoring threat to open up the half court and properly run the point and I have my doubts if he's mentally and physically capable of doing that, at least to the level he'll need to for the Nets to win now and right now.
2775319, The key is absolutely Simmons.
Posted by Frank Longo, Tue Nov-01-22 02:03 PM
And maybe Udoka can fix that. He obviously took some of his cues on both sides from what Golden State's done the last few years while he was at Boston. I've always said that Simmons's best chance to really thrive isn't as a point guard (because he can't shoot so teams will just sag off) or as a pure center (because he's not a rim protector and he seems reluctant to finish through contact the last few years due to free throw woes), but as a Draymond Green type, running the offense from the high post.

But that takes, y'know, lots of screening and cutting and motion to create situations where Simmons can hit guys for clean looks in space. And a lot of Brooklyn's stuff for the last two years has been everyone standing around while the stars go to work.

It'd also require, to some extent, taking the ball out of KD/Kyrie's hands more than present and trusting Ben to use his size and vision in the high post to make things happen. Steph and even KD certainly let Draymond do his thing in offensive sets in Golden State... but also, like, is this roster built for this? Like, they really did just sign a bunch of guys who are either catch-and-shoot threats or iso offense players. Guys like Morris, maybe even Edwards could potentially thrive in more cleverly-built offensive sets...

... I'm just not convinced change can happen fast enough to salvage the season. And, again, Kyrie is always one day away from missing time, KD is old, Simmons could take a mental health break at any point, etc. It's just an entire core of stars walking on eggshells.
2775309, What?
Posted by allStah, Tue Nov-01-22 01:32 PM
That goes on throughout the entire NBA, from top to bottom!

His situation just happened to get leaked…..

No one cares about that.

He had consensual sex with a married woman. That’s adultery, not a crime, and it
has nothing to do with playing basketball.

Ime Udoka is the only logical move.
2775298, Breaking!! Udoka to be named Nets' coach "in next 24 - 48 hours" LMAO
Posted by Dstl1, Tue Nov-01-22 01:18 PM
2775303, lol the nba isnt short on drama.
Posted by Reeq, Tue Nov-01-22 01:22 PM
i wanna see udoka succeed but i wanna see the nets fail.

so im conflicted.

itll be interesting to see what the relationship between him and kyrie is like.
2775306, damn usually niggas don’t get to bounce back this fast
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Tue Nov-01-22 01:26 PM
2775307, I, uh...would NOT want to work for the Nets PR team.
Posted by Ryan M, Tue Nov-01-22 01:29 PM
2775312, The only people left in the Nets PR department are masochists.
Posted by Frank Longo, Tue Nov-01-22 01:41 PM
I doubt this moves the needle much for them compared to the usual bullshit they have to be prepared to deal with at the drop of a hat. It's just dumping a little more shit into a vat of shit.
2775334, IF YOU GON LET A FUCK COME BETWEEN OUR LOVE.....
Posted by Castro, Tue Nov-01-22 05:40 PM
Can you imagine the Nets visiting Boston...Ky-Ky and Udoka in the building?!?!?!?

And folks think Trump is going to jail. LOL. Shits crazy out here.
2775300, .
Posted by Reeq, Tue Nov-01-22 01:18 PM
already posted.
2775305, “What fuck is going on?!” -Stew in Hangover
Posted by ThaTruth, Tue Nov-01-22 01:26 PM
2775315, Damn! The Nets are in fact in discussion with Udoka
Posted by allStah, Tue Nov-01-22 01:52 PM
regarding the job. That’s what is being reported.

My ninja!
2775340, Demar is a joy to watch, man.
Posted by Ryan M, Tue Nov-01-22 08:21 PM
2775587, i always wonder what it is about guys like him
Posted by cgonz00cc, Fri Nov-04-22 02:37 PM
what do they do that allows them to keep getting better and better after 30

Kyle Lowry is another one

different sport but Charles Woodson is another one

its fascinating to me

2775343, kyrie with the 4 point minimum effort protest game.
Posted by Reeq, Tue Nov-01-22 08:52 PM
2775344, Fun ass game to watch.
Posted by Ryan M, Tue Nov-01-22 08:52 PM
Kyrie going 2-12 after *waves arms around* all of THAT...is hilarious, too
2775345, Real ? … was KD fair to ask for a trade? Is he vindicated some?
Posted by Tiger Woods, Tue Nov-01-22 09:00 PM
I cannot imagine how much it must suck to go to work for Kevin Durant

He’s not without his blame

But I just think about being such a SPECIAL player , surrounded by bums, attached at the hip to a petulant and combative Narcissist like Kyrie Irving … it has to be exhausting

He made this bed so he’ll have to sleep in it but damn man he could’ve stayed in San Fran and won like 3 or 4 more rings
2775347, Oh, he's a weirdo. No question.
Posted by Ryan M, Tue Nov-01-22 09:03 PM
I dunno, sure - any player can ask for a trade. But you have to be realistic in knowing what the market is, too. How could Kevin Durant think that his team could realistically trade him with however many years left he has on his contract? He had no leverage. Which makes sense - he really lacks self awareness sometimes. And I LOVE KD.

But yeah, this is - at least, in part - his mess. Had he kept his ego in check - or/and his mental health in realizing that winning titles might not be the cure all to whatever he was dealing with - the dude truly could have bounced back with the Warriors and have potentially 2 more rings.
2775348, fuck no he chose this
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Tue Nov-01-22 09:19 PM
he chose kyrie. he chose Nash to not be a coach over Kenny Atkinson. chose to sign Deandre washed up ass and ship Jarrett Allen out of town.

yeah might be a special player but he's a special idiot too when it comes to leadership and being the player/GM. should've just accepted what it was in GSW and keep letting the smart people make the decisions.

all because he couldnt get out of his feelings and accept he would never be bigger than Steph in Steph's city
2775349, Totally fair, totally fair
Posted by Tiger Woods, Tue Nov-01-22 09:21 PM
Jussayin, it’s not what he thought you know? Date a girl , think it’s gonna go great , and it doesn’t…but a house, 6 months in there’s issues you didn’t notice in the inspection.

You’re right for sure, but I get it too
2775346, yeah im done watching the warriors til christmas.
Posted by Reeq, Tue Nov-01-22 09:03 PM
this shit aint good for my blood pressure lol.
2775350, Quick Jordan Poole update:
Posted by Frank Longo, Tue Nov-01-22 09:25 PM
The Warriors +\- vs the Heat today:

Steph: +3
Dray: +7
Klay: +6
Wiggins: +8
Looney: +11
Poole: -23

Like… what?! lmao
2775353, Out there gunning and turning that rock over.
Posted by Beezo, Tue Nov-01-22 09:36 PM
2775354, makes no damn sense.
Posted by Reeq, Tue Nov-01-22 10:14 PM
2775357, This Anthony Slater tweet says so much:
Posted by Frank Longo, Tue Nov-01-22 11:34 PM
"Warriors' starters won the first 6.5 minutes of first quarter by four points. Bench started mixing in and they lost final 5.5 minutes by 13 points. Zero Jordan Poole shots/stats. Three James Wiseman fouls in five minutes. All five bench players double digit minus."

I mean, LMAO.
2775352, at this point, i won't be shocked...
Posted by PROMO, Tue Nov-01-22 09:31 PM
if, barring a turnaround in the very near future, they trade Kuminga and Wiseman for solid bench vets.

doesn't feel like the youth movement i assume they were kinda banking on is gonna happen.
2775355, fam i didnt wanna overreact but im thinking the same.
Posted by Reeq, Tue Nov-01-22 10:26 PM
how many dunks is wiseman gonna miss? dude bricked an easy alley oop tonight. and his defense is atrocious. he has no idea where to be.

and kuminga is clearly in the dog house. if its just on the court stuff then send him down to the g league to develop. but i think kerr doesnt like some other shit (what people have been rumbling about).

package them up and get a vet with some inside presence who is ready to contribute now. let them dudes go grow on a rebuilding team with no pressure or expectations. you cant be wasting currys prime with this shit.

and theres no reason they should be getting outplayed by ty jerome lol.
2775358, If they come off Wiseman, they can probably keep Dray.
Posted by Frank Longo, Tue Nov-01-22 11:35 PM
So I absolutely think they should deal Wiseman, lol.
2775362, calm down they're called young players for a reason lol
Posted by ThaTruth, Wed Nov-02-22 09:27 AM
2775364, LOL they will be praising em by xmas.
Posted by Cenario, Wed Nov-02-22 09:52 AM
2775366, Wiseman's played like 50 games since high school lol
Posted by ThaTruth, Wed Nov-02-22 10:26 AM
2775398, It's not even about "can they be good?" though imo.
Posted by Frank Longo, Wed Nov-02-22 05:09 PM
It's about dealing a contract that will still be on the books next year to retain Draymond. Because if they don't trade Wiseman, it will be very hard to resign Draymond. And for as much longterm upside as Wiseman has, he's not a net positive NBA player at this point-- and it may still be another year or two til he is.
2775405, calm down?
Posted by PROMO, Wed Nov-02-22 07:31 PM
i'm not worked up.

SMH.

i'm not even saying anything that original here.

they were kind of taking the gamble that these guy were gonna be the fill ins for what they lost.

so far? they're failing horribly at that, and there's not a lot of signs that will turn around. i understand it's early, but it's not like Wiseman and Kuminga especially haven't seen an NBA floor. you'd think, with their experience and the vets around that they'd be doing better than this. shit, Wiseman and Kuminga have BEEN better than this on an NBA floor plenty of times before.

so, you have a choice: stick with that, or move some desirable young guys for some vets who can potentially do the job.

2775359, Honestly…Dwight’s a good move.
Posted by Ryan M, Tue Nov-01-22 11:36 PM
2775351, 38 minutes for KD.
Posted by Frank Longo, Tue Nov-01-22 09:28 PM
Like, I get that the Nets need to start winning before they let KD start resting.

But, uh, putting this much burden on both ends on a 34-year-old’s shoulders? Not great, Bob!
2775360, Jay Williams made a point on Get Up....
Posted by Dstl1, Wed Nov-02-22 08:03 AM
that I honestly hadn't considered. The Celtics got a 1st round pick for Doc Rivers. They gave Ume up for NOTHING...just take him, yo. That says a lot about whatever happened with him there and where the Nets are, right now. Like...here's an elite coach...get him outta here. We don't want anything, just take dude.
2775399, Yep. Mind-boggling that more people don't consider this.
Posted by Frank Longo, Wed Nov-02-22 05:11 PM
Then again, people still think Udoka was fired for "having a consensual relationship," so their reading comprehension with these stories isn't very strong.
2775437, Udoka wasn't fired, he was "suspended" Reading comprehension.
Posted by ThaTruth, Thu Nov-03-22 08:07 AM
>Then again, people still think Udoka was fired for "having a
>consensual relationship," so their reading comprehension with
>these stories isn't very strong.
2775452, Or it could mean that Boston is dumb as hell!..plus it’s Boston
Posted by allStah, Thu Nov-03-22 11:07 AM
a city known for racism and treating black people differently….see I can speculate
too…

So quit with the reaching because it’s a form of demonizing…and trying to
paint Udoka in a bad light when you have no proof.

2775411, Minnesota's two-big lineup is a fucking mess.
Posted by Frank Longo, Wed Nov-02-22 08:14 PM
KAT can't defend the 4 at all, and Gobert is so sagged down into drop coverage as the 5. And Ant is just doing his own thing, trying to engage on-ball, no interest off-ball.

It's a shit show, lol.
2775412, anthony edwards realizing how bad the starting lineup is:
Posted by Reeq, Wed Nov-02-22 08:23 PM
https://twitter.com/JaceFrederick/status/1587687730242326529
2775433, I died laughing when I saw that.
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Nov-03-22 01:10 AM
He's not wrong either.
2775415, Fake ass Twin Towers. lol
Posted by Beezo, Wed Nov-02-22 09:05 PM
2775419, Everyone wants to be a (Cavalier) until it's time to BE a (Cavalier)
Posted by Dr Claw, Wed Nov-02-22 09:32 PM
2775418, With the second OT win over the reigning EC Champs...
Posted by Dr Claw, Wed Nov-02-22 09:31 PM
...the Cleveland Cavaliers are putting the NBA on notice.

SpidaLand is real. Darius's first game back against elite defenders: 29PTS, 12AST 5/11 from 3.

Team was getting HOSED on fouls in the paint. Boston (well, really Jaylen Brown) was getting whatever he wanted.

Mobley was in foul trouble early.

rumors of the Mitchell/Garland duo not working are just that.
Caris LeVert is a great "glue guy" for this team.
2775459, Utah fucked up...
Posted by Stadiq, Thu Nov-03-22 11:55 AM
A lot of chatter about the Knicks, but Ainge's dumbass fucked up by letting Mitchell go.

Trade Gobert...fire the serial-killer looking ass coach...make tweaks.

But the chances the Jazz draft another player of Mitchel's caliber that is actually okay with living in fucking Utah is slim slim.

Not a free agent destination, so they have to bank on the draft.

Chances are they are bad for a few years, maybe they draft a high potential player or two...the teams improves again...and they bounce because again, its fucking Utah.

Good for the Cavs though. Fun team.

2775422, westbrook look interested in playing basketball now
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Wed Nov-02-22 10:31 PM
2775428, that whole matt ryan sequence was fly as hell.
Posted by Reeq, Wed Nov-02-22 11:55 PM
2775430, That was so shocking I didn’t even cheer or yell or anything
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Thu Nov-03-22 12:08 AM
I couldn’t believe that shit went in.
2775438, he better do something lol, meanwhile Bron shooting a career worst 22%
Posted by ThaTruth, Thu Nov-03-22 08:11 AM
from 3
2775444, J.T. is coming for yall, man...
Posted by Dstl1, Thu Nov-03-22 08:41 AM
there's nowhere to run. He's better and he's coming...LMAO!!!
2775448, you see it.
Posted by CyrenYoung, Thu Nov-03-22 10:40 AM

*skatin' the rings of saturn*

..and miles to go before i sleep...
2775453, Giannis owns everyone on both ends of the court.
Posted by allStah, Thu Nov-03-22 11:12 AM
2775454, man, I was checking them out, last night....
Posted by Dstl1, Thu Nov-03-22 11:26 AM
I don't even know what you are supposed to do with that human being. I can't believe how easy everything is for him. His physical gifts are just mind-blowing and he's obviously worked his ass off to perfect them. He's legit the closest thing we have in the NBA to a create-a-player.
2775472, Agreed.
Posted by allStah, Thu Nov-03-22 01:22 PM
2775482, I truly think he could score 60 every night if he wanted to
Posted by Tiger Woods, Thu Nov-03-22 02:10 PM
2775484, From my very limited time watching the Bucks
Posted by Numba_33, Thu Nov-03-22 02:20 PM
it appears as if both Brook Lopez and Bobby Portis are playing quite well in lieu of Middleton being out. Not to say they are on the same level of Giannis nor that Giannis isn't feasting, but both dudes are playing their respective roles quite well, especially Brook Lopez. Looks as if he's actually become a capable defensive presence, which is a far cry from how he played in his hey day on the Nets.
2775461, this season continues my love affair with Darius Garland....
Posted by Dstl1, Thu Nov-03-22 12:00 PM
fuck, this kid is fun to watch. I feared he might get stunted some, with Spida's arrival.....NOOOOO (c)Little Kevin from The Wire
2775487, the black steve nash
Posted by agentzero, Thu Nov-03-22 02:43 PM
2775462, Adam Silver wants to meet with Kyrie over a
Posted by allStah, Thu Nov-03-22 12:17 PM
post of a movie/book for open discussion, but the NBA partners with a country that
exterminates certain ethnicities and denies a country its human rights and
refuses to recognize the independence of a country.

The NBA basically funds a country through its many business deals with that country….

One entity is dealing with something in regards to words and expression…the other
entity actually has a relationship with a country that is trying to exterminate people
just like Hitler was trying to exterminate Jews. The NBA clearly supports genocide.

But Adam put out a statement that the nba doesn’t tolerate or condone prejudice
or racism against any particular group, race or religion…..that’s a lie.

Yeah, let’s go after Kyrie!

SMH

2775476, Harden out a month with a right foot tendon sprain...
Posted by Dstl1, Thu Nov-03-22 01:49 PM
poor Joel, man.
2775485, 'no' would be a simple answer to 'do you have any antisemitic beliefs?'
Posted by Reeq, Thu Nov-03-22 02:31 PM
but its kyrie so...

https://twitter.com/SNYNets/status/1588204070447321088

the kyrie character arc put into perspective:
https://twitter.com/iamrahstradamus/status/1588222369792811008
2775497, apparently kyrie didnt personally meet with the adl
Posted by Reeq, Thu Nov-03-22 06:08 PM
and wasnt in personal contact with them.

he sent a proxy from his team.

he was asked if he met with them (in regards to the donation) and he gave some aaron rodgers 'immunized' type of answer like 'my team was notified that they wanted to meet and we handled it'.
2775488, wrong post
Posted by Dstl1, Thu Nov-03-22 02:44 PM
2775490, There’s Giannis and everyone else, man.
Posted by Ryan M, Thu Nov-03-22 02:58 PM
Nobody is on his level.
2775498, NETS suspend Kyrie for "no less than five games."
Posted by PROMO, Thu Nov-03-22 06:50 PM
2775499, their statement sounds pretty harsh.
Posted by Reeq, Thu Nov-03-22 07:01 PM
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1588316913016655872

hes not fit to represent the nets?

how do we think kyrie is gonna react to that? lol.

this is prolly the end of the nets season. even if kyrie comes back. theres no way that dude is gonna come back and be remorseful in any way and be focused on winning. dude is gonna be bitter for the rest of the season. i wouldnt be surprised if *he* just decides to sit out indefinitely at some point.
2775500, he's uncooperative and unremorseful
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Thu Nov-03-22 07:06 PM
that statement he put out the other day was an awful "apology" then when they directly asked him if he has antisemetic beliefs he on some "but what about slavery doooe"

his career might be over fr cause he just cant admit he was wrong
2775502, im bringing back my prediction from the previous nba post.
Posted by Reeq, Thu Nov-03-22 07:11 PM
https://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2774756&mesg_id=2774756&page=#2775049

i think dude is gonna dig in and start talking about the hypocrisy of joe tsai and his relationship to china and the abuse of uyghur muslims.
2775508, It wasn't "what about slavery" he was talking Black Israelite shit
Posted by Hitokiri, Thu Nov-03-22 07:28 PM
Hoteppin hoard.
2775538, Ooh nevermind just saw the clip you saw. You right.
Posted by Hitokiri, Thu Nov-03-22 09:28 PM
I'd only seen the one where they ask him "the people want a yes or no, do you have anti-semitic views?"

And he says "How could I be antisemitic if I know where I come from?"
2775501, He shared a movie that cites Hitler to support its thesis.
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Nov-03-22 07:10 PM
End of the day, I don’t really care how Kyrie reacts to that, lol. And he’s one of my favorite players ever.

All he had to do was say “sorry I shared this.” And he couldn’t do it. So he has to pay the price.

And I tell you this: if he doesn’t actually apologize? He’s out the league by Christmas.
2775503, Legit, this morning on LeBatard…
Posted by Dstl1, Thu Nov-03-22 07:17 PM
after the segment where they had Abdul-Rauf on the show…Amin said this meeting with Silver could be the end of Kyrie’s NBA career if it doesn’t go well.
2775504, i mean, i have a feeling Silver is gonna suspend him for the year.
Posted by PROMO, Thu Nov-03-22 07:17 PM
i feel like this is the Nets doing CYA like, we suspended him too, which is why they said "at least 5 games" because Silver is supposed to talk to Kyrie next week aka in at least 5 games from now.
2775510, i would pay good money to see that silver/kyrie convo lol
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Thu Nov-03-22 07:31 PM
like 100 bucks
2775505, a fake hitler quote at that.
Posted by Reeq, Thu Nov-03-22 07:20 PM
the same one desean jackson posted and apologized for.

fam how are you so uninformed and gullible enough to think hitler gave a fuck about black people? lol. the guy pushing for an aryan blonde haired blue eyed master race apparently was big on enlightening people of african descent informing them of their true heritage lol.

theres still a high percentage chance that kyrie didnt know most of this stuff was in the book/doc but his stubbornness just wont let him say 'yeah i posted some shit i saw someone else post and i never checked it out' lol.
2775511, The stubbornness is 100% the problem.
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Nov-03-22 07:35 PM
Because if he’d said the next day “ah shit, I shared this before I saw the whole doc, my bad,” like, shit would’ve slid mostly unnoticed. Because apologies from celebs go a long way with most people.

But dude is ALLERGIC to a real apology, lmao. It’s wild. Even when a very simple one would save your career.
2775515, he deserves all of the backlash regardless imo.
Posted by Reeq, Thu Nov-03-22 07:47 PM
whether he knew what was in the book/video or not.

because he clearly saw the entire kanye shit playing out...and thought to himself...let me chime in and reaffirm what kanye is saying about black people being the original jews.

he just didnt know what he posted included all of that other shit.

but he willingly put himself into a firestorm that hes neither smart nor principled enough to handle.
2775615, Narcissists don’t apologize like that
Posted by rl9, Sat Nov-05-22 11:25 AM
And he clearly is a big narcissist. Just look at his twitter page and how he talks about himself.
2775513, Sorry for what?
Posted by allStah, Thu Nov-03-22 07:46 PM
He explained that he posted the video as an open discussion on what antisemitism
is and what it isn’t. That’s what study is. That’s what investigation is. What
do you think we do with newspapers that post media bias, and bad information as well
as good and informative information? We read around it or we disregard it.

Max Kellerman even said himself that what Kyrie did wasn’t so egregious where he
should be suspended because he posted something for the discussion of information regardless of it having negative or positive content. Kyrie explained that several times.

If you have an apple that has rotten spots on it, you can either cut them out and
continue to eat the apple, or you can throw away the apple..The apple still contains
good nutrition to be digested. People feel that since the book/movie has antisemitic
content it’s not worth acknowledging or reading, and should be disregarded, others
feel differently because there is other content in the book worth reading.
That’s Kyrie’s stance.

That’s a matter of personal interpretation and opinion and doesn’t target anyone in that instance. If you’re bothered by that, then that’s a personal issue and has nothing to do
with someone who is interested in reading the book or studying the book for the sake
of being informed or aware.

Someone had to read the book and study the book to understand it’s meaning
and to identify it’s antisemitic language. That’s the whole purpose of studying
something to see what it is and what it isn’t.

But yet and still Adam Silver and the NBA can continue to do financially business
with China and support China while China exterminates Muslims and brutalize, jail
and kill other Asians…that’s genocide, that’s racism and that’s prejudice… and the
NBA is firmly in bed with that because they are of aware it!

You all upset over a post where Kyrie targeted no one, but you’re invisible and
speechless in regards to the NBA supporting and promoting genocide due to their
business ties with China …I guess the lives of Muslims and Asians don’t matter.

I might have to boycott the NBA over this.

2775517, This might make you boycott the NBA?
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Nov-03-22 07:53 PM
In that case, I believe Adam Silver should suspend Kyrie indefinitely. We will miss you in the NBA posts, but we’ll somehow find a way to persevere.
2775521, yup, i wish L Stah well on his crusade against Kyrie's...
Posted by PROMO, Thu Nov-03-22 08:07 PM
"persecution."

2775541, You’re okay with a team and league condemning and
Posted by allStah, Thu Nov-03-22 10:59 PM
punishing a person for posting a link to a movie/book for OPEN DISCUSSION,
and one that is publicly sold on a public platform for all to consume, but the same
team and league faces no consequences, punishments or pushback for supporting
a country that is racist, prejudice and commits genocide against another culture
and ethnicity?

You don’t see the problem here?
2775514, On Reddit they said the Nets encapsulate 6 outta 7 deadly sins
Posted by Hitokiri, Thu Nov-03-22 07:47 PM
Pride - Kyrie
Sloth - Simmons
Envy - Durant
Lust - Udoka (presumably)
Greed - Tsai
Wrath - New York fans
2775512, Meanwhile in San Antonio...
Posted by Numba_33, Thu Nov-03-22 07:45 PM
link: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/more-sports/lawsuit-filed-against-san-antonio-spurs-josh-primo-over-guards-alleged-indecent-exposure/ar-AA13HNKX

swipe:

Lawsuit filed against San Antonio Spurs, Josh Primo over guard's alleged indecent exposure
Jeff Zillgitt, USA TODAY - 4h ago

The San Antonio Spurs ignored the team’s former sports psychologist’s repeated reports of Josh Primo’s indecent exposure, an attorney for the woman said at a press conference in Houston Thursday.

A lawsuit has been filed against the Spurs and Primo, attorney Tony Buzbee said. He plans to file a criminal complaint, too.

The lawsuit says Primo exposed himself to Dr. Hillary Cauthen nine times over the course of one season, starting in December 2021. Cauthen told the Spurs, including general manager Brian Wright, about the incident in January 2022.

"Rather than act on Dr. Cauthen’s reports, the Spurs ignored her complaints, hoping the organization could ignore and then cover up Primo’s actions,” the lawsuit says. “The Spurs organization was willing to sacrifice Dr. Cauthen to keep what they hoped would one day be a star player. Once Primo’s conduct entered the public sphere, the Spurs were forced to act and release Primo.”

“It took a long time for her to get a meeting with the general manager,” Buzbee said. “He postponed a meeting multiple times. From her point of view, it seemed to be they weren’t taking it seriously or it didn’t matter to them. … Instead of something being done about (it), what instead happened was they continued to call upon her to have sessions with Mr. Primo. She did not want to lose this job. She was hoping this conduct was somehow outside of the norm and hoping it was a one-time thing. Unfortunately, the conduct continued to occur and in fact escalated.”

The lawsuit says Cauthen met with Wright in March.

"In that meeting, she voiced her concerns about Defendant Primo’s conduct, again without disclosing any communications in her sessions or any other information other than the offensive conduct," according to the lawsuit. "Dr. Cauthen expressed to Wright that she was uncomfortable meeting with Primo alone and she expressed feelings of confusion, embarrassment and fear. General Manager Wright promised to develop a plan with regard to Primo for the remainder of the season and said he would explore "how to navigate” the situation in general. The two also discussed the possibility of meeting with Primo and his agent to address his concerning behavior.

"Despite Dr. Cauthen’s report, nothing was done about Primo’s behavior. Instead, Dr. Cauthen was called upon to meet with Primo again. This time Dr. Cauthen met with Primo in a public setting, but unfortunately this was no deterrent. Primo again exposed his penis."

Buzbee said Primo exposed himself to another person during the team’s Las Vegas Summer League trip in July and again last week in Minnesota – just before the Spurs released Primo, saying in a statement, “It is our hope that, in the long run, this decision will serve the best interest of both the organization and Joshua.”

Buzbee called the Spurs’ conduct egregious and unreasonable.

Said Cauthen: “The organization I worked for failed me.”

Cauthen’s contract with the Spurs was not renewed.

Just before the season began, the Spurs picked up the option year on his contract for the 2023-24 season. Primo, 19, was the No. 12 pick in the 2021 draft and expected to be a key player in the Spurs’ rebuild. It took the NBA by surprise when the Spurs announced his release on Friday.

Primo’s attorney, William J. Briggs, released a statement following Buzbee’s news conference.

“Josh Primo is a 19-year-old NBA player who has suffered a lifetime of trauma and challenges,” Briggs said. “He is now being victimized by his former team appointed sports psychologist, who is playing to ugly stereotypes and racially charged fears for her own financial benefit. In an act of betrayal against her young client, Dr.Cauthen, who is 40 years old, falsely claims Josh Primo exposed himself to her during the course of her numerous therapy sessions.

“Dr. Cauthen's allegations are either a complete fabrication, a gross embellishment or utter fantasy. Josh Primo never intentionally exposed himself to her or anyone else and was not even aware that his private parts were visible outside of his workout shorts.”

The Spurs released their own statement on Thursday afternoon.

“We disagree with the accuracy of facts, details and timeline presented today," the statement read. "While we would like to share more information, we will allow the legal process to play out.

"Our organization remains committed to upholding the highest standards and will continue to live by our values and culture.”
2775520, It will he interesting to see how this turns out, because the
Posted by allStah, Thu Nov-03-22 08:04 PM
Spurs and Primo’s lawyer stated that she is lying about the events
and incidents that took place and how they took place. Is this a situation
where the culture and mental disorders of Primo are trying to be used
against him for the purpose of financial gains?

Dr. Cauthen’s allegations are either a complete fabrication, a gross embellishment or utter fantasy,” Briggs said.

The Spurs said in a statement: “We disagree with the accuracy of facts, details and timeline presented today. While we would like to share more information, we will allow the legal process to play out.”

Tony Buzzbee is her lawyer, and we all know his style of lawyering. The Spurs are a well
organized franchise, and they dot the I’s and cross the T’s..

Can only wait and see on this.

2775534, They cut a lottery pick and pulled his jerseys for sale.
Posted by Ryan M, Thu Nov-03-22 08:40 PM
>Spurs and Primo’s lawyer stated that she is lying about the
>events
>and incidents that took place and how they took place. Is this
>a situation
>where the culture and mental disorders of Primo are trying to
>be used
>against him for the purpose of financial gains?

And you somehow think ^^^ this is on the table.

Yikes, dude.
2775537, Damn you can’t read.
Posted by allStah, Thu Nov-03-22 09:27 PM
"Josh Primo is a 19-year-old NBA player who has suffered a lifetime of trauma and challenges. He is now being victimized by his former team appointed sports psychologist, who is playing to ugly stereotypes and racially charged fears for her own financial benefit.

His lawyer does, so apparently it is on the table…

And the Spurs stated that the women’s allegations of events and incidents are not
factual regardless of the Spurs cutting him.

You are terrible…like really bad at comprehension. Read the information, think first
and then type.

And I took no sides, and said let’s see how this plays out.

Now sit there and look dumb like you always do.
2775542, Yeaaaaaaah guess he’d be the first defense lawyer to lie.
Posted by Ryan M, Thu Nov-03-22 11:02 PM
Enjoy this one.
2775545, Now he is a lying defense lawyer?
Posted by allStah, Fri Nov-04-22 01:16 AM
and you have no proof of that. So I guess a black man
can’t afford the benefit of the doubt?

SMH.

I might have to leave this place.
2775571, You’re not leaving.
Posted by Ryan M, Fri Nov-04-22 11:56 AM
2775572, Wouldn't it be great if he did tho.
Posted by Brew, Fri Nov-04-22 12:08 PM
We can only hope.
2775518, time to talk about how incompetent joe tsai is as an owner.
Posted by Reeq, Thu Nov-03-22 08:01 PM
nets lost *30%* of season ticket holders from last year. they are dead last in season ticket holders now. they were among the worst teams in ratings last year (in one of the biggest nba markets and with multiple stars).

he gutted one of the most feel good and most likable teams in the nba for 3 of the biggest malcontents and head cases in the league. and gave them the keys to franchise.

traded 1 of those players for an even bigger liability with less mental toughness.

'put his foot down' and kept the 2 stars who clearly didnt wanna be there. no matter how shitty of a deal you would have had to take for them...it couldnt have been worse than what theyre dealing with now.

fired a coach less than 10 games after saying you had his back. about to hire a coach fresh off a misconduct/adultery scandal and throw him right back into a soap opera with an even worse team (on the court and otherwise). this one really blows my mind.

its like dude just goes off of what looks good on paper and has no ability to process the real life potential ramifications of these decisions.
2775519, ADL said nah take your 500K back
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Thu Nov-03-22 08:03 PM
ttps://twitter.com/sbondynydn/status/1588333295234093058
The ADL is no longer accepting the $500,000 from Kyrie Irving, per the organization’s CEO Jonathan Greenblatt.

“After watching the debacle of a press conference, it’s clear that Kyrie feels no accountability for his actions. ADL cannot in good conscience accept his donation.”
2775526, man this warriors bench is unsustainable.
Posted by Reeq, Thu Nov-03-22 08:20 PM
and its not something you can just develop your way out of in a single season with these younger players.

theyre routinely giving up like 25-5 runs against lower rung teams.

their starting 5...on paper...has been the best starting 5 in the league (+/-). even with klay struggling.

you cant waste these few prime or near-prime steph years developing the younger talent if its fucking up a chance at a chip.

that perfect two-track transition is looking more and more like a pipe dream. realistically/historically...youre gonna have to bring in hungry/complimentary vets who can help you win *now* and then at some later date decide when its time to cut your older stars loose and start a hard rebuild.
2775527, lol
Posted by PROMO, Thu Nov-03-22 08:24 PM
i looked at one point and dubs were up by like 16, all the starters are like double digits plus or close in +/-, and even the bench is all in the plus though not a lot.

i look 20 mins later, dubs are down by 8, the bench is well in the minus now (all of them) and the starters are barely hanging on to their plus +/- numbers.

so yeah, just shows anytime the starters have to sit in any combination and the bench comes in, they are just BLOWING it.
2775533, smh its the story of every game.
Posted by Reeq, Thu Nov-03-22 08:38 PM
also it says a lot that the warriors are committed to seeing what wiseman looks like...regardless of how bad the lineup looks when hes in. but kuminga is planted on the bench.

niggas like ty jerome and anthony lamb get more tick than kuminga.

kerr/steph said they wanna see jk get angry about the demotion. he must not be working hard and this is a last ditch effort to get him to focus.

2775535, yeah, they even wasted nice Klay game tonight...
Posted by PROMO, Thu Nov-03-22 08:45 PM
vs. a team w/ ONE win.

something has to give.
2775586, thats not a normal terrible team
Posted by cgonz00cc, Fri Nov-04-22 02:26 PM
Suggs/Banchero/Wagner are 2 years away from being a serious problem

theyre talented enough to win any game, just not experienced enough to string them together
2775564, Steph leading the team in rebounds.
Posted by Dr Claw, Fri Nov-04-22 10:46 AM
Steph.

LOL

the vets will come (maybe). lot of space between now and the deadline.
2775585, he was leading every major statistical category just a few days ago.
Posted by Reeq, Fri Nov-04-22 02:25 PM
https://twitter.com/WarriorsMuse/status/1587635310313189376

this squad is looking like that 2019 team.
2775540, Kyrie apologizes.
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Nov-03-22 10:55 PM
https://twitter.com/chrisbhaynes/status/1588377956900278272?s=46&t=oVVvzMlSAW0Ltkvy19w-fA
2775544, Good start. I truly hope it’s sincere.
Posted by Ryan M, Fri Nov-04-22 12:46 AM
2775548, It's not sincere. Lmao
Posted by Sofian_Hadi, Fri Nov-04-22 06:36 AM
He had about twenty opportunities to apologize and chose not to...until he got suspended.
2775555, right. it's clear he didn't want to apologize.
Posted by PROMO, Fri Nov-04-22 09:04 AM
only now it's to the point he has to if he wants to play.

2775556, I mean, probably not. But…
Posted by Ryan M, Fri Nov-04-22 09:21 AM
I can’t in good conscience look at someone’s apology and say, “NOT GOOD ENOUGH” when he, finally, said the right thing.

What comes next is the more important part, but the dude apologized.

I do think a large part of “cancel culture” starts with people not accepting apologies. He deserves the opportunity to change. And so, while probably not sincere given the timeline and everything, I’m personally going to wait and see.
2775600, is it possible for him to only be 'antisemitic' at home games?
Posted by poetx, Fri Nov-04-22 10:03 PM
that covid half and half vacation looking mighty good rn to nets fans.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

=========================================
I'm an advocate for working smarter, not harder. If you just
focus on working hard you end up making someone else rich and
not having much to show for it. (c) mad
2775552, We’ll see when they ask him at the next press conference
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Fri Nov-04-22 08:45 AM
I know Kyrie ain’t gonna be able to hold face when they press him
2775546, Don't know if this helps.
Posted by Kira, Fri Nov-04-22 01:25 AM
Maybe he should read this on video while crying and thoroughly denouncing the movie. Demonstrate legit remorse over posting that Amazon link.

His contract can be voided over this so he needs to go on an apology world tour. Meet with everybody he needs to. Donate to more causes etc etc etc.
2775547, You’re silly as hell.
Posted by allStah, Fri Nov-04-22 02:21 AM
lol
2775551, hes on your side of the argument
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Fri Nov-04-22 08:25 AM
>lol
2775559, No shit.
Posted by allStah, Fri Nov-04-22 10:02 AM
2775590, Don't lump me in with him.
Posted by Kira, Fri Nov-04-22 05:34 PM
>>lol
>

Kyrie is wrong for his anti-Semitic actions. Under no circumstances is promotion of such film acceptable. Kyrie Irving faces punishment for his hateful, hurtful, and despicable actions. I do not agree with, stand with, or side with Kyrie's tweet at all.
2775583, I'm sure I'm not the first to mention this
Posted by Numba_33, Fri Nov-04-22 01:57 PM
>Maybe he should read this on video while crying and
>thoroughly denouncing the movie. Demonstrate legit remorse
>over posting that Amazon link.

but it is pretty messed up that the same folks going after Kyrie aren't calling for Amazon to pull that movie from their website. If I'm not mistaken, it's reached top selling status since this whole nonsense got kicked off. Not that I side with Kyrie at all for his views or his approach to this, but Amazon is literally the main source for what folks are calling hate speech, yet they are still profiting from it.
2775550, Hopefully everyone involved can build from this.
Posted by Numba_33, Fri Nov-04-22 07:21 AM
Going forward, I wonder what Kyrie will do to curate his social media content so he doesn't get into trouble.

Perhaps it's because I'm an old head that doesn't post content on twitter/instagram and I social media doesn't hold much weight to me, but it's wild to me so much grief is coming from something dude posted on social media away from the court. To be clear, I'm not defending what he posted nor am I saying folks that got offended are on the wrong, but it's wild to me the crux of this is because of his away from the court social media posts.

First Anthony Edwards got in trouble in the pre-season because of his social media content and now this huge mess with Kyrie. Wonder if the league will look to do something about this is another incident happens that bring negative attention to the league.
2775553, He didn't fucking write that.
Posted by Brew, Fri Nov-04-22 08:49 AM
If he'd written it there'd be about 20 words used incorrectly sprinkled throughout.

Kyrie fucking sucks.
2775557, yeah i think his account got hacked.
Posted by Cenario, Fri Nov-04-22 09:49 AM
2775554, hope he's pressed about this until the day he retires
Posted by Amritsar, Fri Nov-04-22 08:54 AM
a constant barrage that never ends

2775570, ^^this is an example of our inhumane society
Posted by allStah, Fri Nov-04-22 11:48 AM
2775574, But anti-semitism is totally humane, to you.
Posted by Brew, Fri Nov-04-22 12:10 PM
2775560, Now his apology isn’t good enough and they want him to meet
Posted by allStah, Fri Nov-04-22 10:15 AM
with Jewish leaders?

He explained his position. He apologized. He donated money….

and that still ain’t good enough over a post of a link of an item
that is available to the public where he didn’t target anyone?

Don’t let them break you bro….

Tell all those hypocritical mofos to fuck off and go play BB overseas….
You’re paid and are worth millions. You don’t need those racist focks.

because none of them give a Fock about racism, prejudice or genocide, which
is why the NBA is allowed to do what it does.

Stern was a Jew and gave no fucks about the genocide in China….
Silver is a Jew and gives no fucks about the genocide in China….they know
about genocide and the holocaust, but give no fucks about the genocide of
other cultures…think about that.

But they coming hard at you as if you’re the second coming of Hitler… while they
are being anti-human and anti-culturalists towards Asian Muslims.

What a hypocritical/ double standard world we live in.

2775561, he's about to be playing in China
Posted by ThaTruth, Fri Nov-04-22 10:25 AM
2775563, making no judgement about whether kyrie should/shouldn't do this...
Posted by PROMO, Fri Nov-04-22 10:36 AM
but Nick Cannon apologized, did a sit down, and now he's back to gettin' it like he never stopped.

so, IF that's Kyrie's goal (to put it all behind him and just get back to "normalcy") then maybe he considers this.

now, it seems like something like that might be going against what he truly feels about the whole thing.

2775567, Some of what you said re: racism is true, but beyond that, loud and wrong as usual.
Posted by Brew, Fri Nov-04-22 11:25 AM
He "apologized" (read: someone wrote a boilerplate apology template for him) only after the team made it clear that they'd no longer be tolerating his abhorrent bullshit.

It's phony, forced, coerced. He has no remorse. He meant not a single word of it. It's your standard "I'm sorry I got caught" nonsense.

The Nets absolutely should not take the bait until he shows actual, true remorse. Good on them (for once).
2775569, ^^^ I rest my case.
Posted by allStah, Fri Nov-04-22 11:45 AM
2775573, You should've a long time ago.
Posted by Brew, Fri Nov-04-22 12:09 PM
On about 500 different subjects.
2775576, Why can't you care about the Uyghurs, call out China
Posted by Vex_id, Fri Nov-04-22 12:21 PM
call out anti-Black hate, *and* call out anti-Jewish hate simultaneously?

Incidentally, Malika Andrews had one of the most important takes this week on this when she called our society's tendency to always compartmentalize our defense of human rights and not embrace universality as it pertains to the respective dignity of every group.

It is possible to actually stand for justice across the board - and if we can't do that - then we shouldn't be surprised when everyone retreats into their own corners of the world and only becomes outraged when hate is directed to their own perceived group.

-->
2775562, kevin durant apparently blames the organization and the media
Posted by Reeq, Fri Nov-04-22 10:36 AM
for the chaos.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/269271/Kevin-Durant-I-Felt-Like-We-Could-Have-Just-Kept-Playing-Basketball-Kept-Quiet-As-An-Organization
-----

Kevin Durant spoke to the media following the five-game suspension of Kyrie Irving following his unwillingness to "unequivocally say he has no antisemitic beliefs." Irving later issued an apology.

“I’m not here to judge somebody or talk down on the life or how they feel their views," said Durant. "I just didn't like anything that went on. I felt like it was all unnecessary. I felt like we could have just kept playing basketball and kept quiet as an organization.”

Durant also appeared to blame the media for the situation surrounding Irving.

"This is the way the NBA is now, media, so many outlets now and their stories hit pretty fast now," said Durant. "So that's where all the chaos is coming from. Everybody has an opinion on the situation, and we're hearing it nonstop."

Durant published a follow-up on Twitter in response to his comments.
-----
2775565, now y’all want to go after Kevin Durant.. lol
Posted by allStah, Fri Nov-04-22 10:55 AM
SMH
2775566, KD's follow up coulda been Kyrie's response...
Posted by PROMO, Fri Nov-04-22 11:22 AM
and then this woulda been over as long as Kyrie had kept his mouth shut.
2775568, Durant blamed the media ?! Ya don't say.
Posted by Brew, Fri Nov-04-22 11:26 AM
2775578, LMAO this gotta be the most unsavviest famous motherfuckers ever
Posted by Cenario, Fri Nov-04-22 12:55 PM
blames media in an interview

immediately feels the need to clarify his comments by saying things HE DIDNT TELL THE MEDIA

Fucking idiot

how can you not condone hate speech but are mad at the nets for acting on someone promoting hate speech and blame the media for asking the difficult questions to someone who promoted hate speech.

what in theee entire fuck.
2775580, two legitimate cornballs
Posted by Stadiq, Fri Nov-04-22 01:08 PM

That said, KD tying his prime-ish years to Kyrie gotta be one of the biggest fucking blunders ever.

Kyrie was never on a GOAT trajectory and he was already suspect.

KD on the other hand was/is a truly special player who made some corny moves (signing with the 73-win team that bounced you, burner accounts, etc)...but he was still on a GOAT path overall.

Now he's spending his years dealing with Kyrie's bullshit.

Dude could have gone pretty much anywhere he wanted, and he hitched on to a tin-foiled-hat Rod Strickland. Hate to see it.
2775914, LMAO @ tin-foiled-hat Rod Strickland
Posted by 40thStreetBlack, Tue Nov-08-22 07:54 PM
>Dude could have gone pretty much anywhere he wanted, and he
>hitched on to a tin-foiled-hat Rod Strickland. Hate to see
>it.

That's gold, Jerry! Gold!
2775575, I do think there's a bit too much sauce on the Kyrie hate
Posted by Vex_id, Fri Nov-04-22 12:12 PM
People are equating him to Kanye when there's significant difference between the two controversies. Kyrie is stubborn for sure and easily could've calmed the situation from the onset by issuing a genuine apology for sharing a film that he didn't fully grasp in terms of how harmful it was, but I think intention is also important.

I don't believe Kyrie had intentions of harming anyone or being hateful when he shared the film, whereas Kanye clearly has bad faith intentions with some of his direct rhetoric, intending to be harmful.

I give Kyrie some benefit of the doubt as well because he's done objectively great things in the community, including generous donations/support to Standing Rock Sioux during difficult times. Generally, I think Kyrie is being genuine when he talks about loving all cultures/people. However, he did need to own up to the glaring problems of the film he shared and learn/grow from it, and maybe he will, just on his own timeline.

Also - the problem with demanding an apology (driven by media pressure) inevitably meant that there would be many (including many here) who do not accept/buy his apology. It was always going to come off as forced in this context, but now that he's issued the apology, I do think we have to accept it and move on, particularly if you don't assign any ill intent from Kyrie. If you think he's a rabid anti-Semitic bigot I can understand why you wouldn't buy his apology and would want him to be further punished for this, but I'm not so sure it's fair to characterize him with that brand of bad faith.
2775579, it's the tipping point on all his fuckery since the flat earth mess
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Fri Nov-04-22 01:01 PM
ppl shot him a lot of bail over the years instead of just checking him then and time is up on him
2775601, Nice post
Posted by obsidianchrysalis, Fri Nov-04-22 11:15 PM
Appreciate the nuance.
2776219, It's a campaign against Kyrie
Posted by LegacyNS, Mon Nov-14-22 12:48 PM
It has zero to do with so called anti-semitism.. If so, they would have gone after Amazon for hosting and profitting off of the documentary instead of Kyrie for retweeting it without comment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
<---- 5....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dlgiritpmfo

=======================================
2775577, Has Ime put pen to paper yet?
Posted by pretentious username, Fri Nov-04-22 12:30 PM
Cause I wouldn’t, if I’m him. The Nets are desperate, but he doesn’t need to be (unless there’s still some really bad details of his controversy that haven’t come out yet that would truly cost him all chances at a future job, of course).

He can probably wait around for a better offer or just coach the Celtics in a year. This team/franchise is a mess, and in a year you’ll either have KD and Kyrie still causing you headaches or your two best players are Ben Simmons and Joe Harris. The chances of actually winning a championship with this team are becoming slimmer every day.
2775581, If Bos was just gonna let him walk, i don't think returning there is an option
Posted by Cenario, Fri Nov-04-22 01:33 PM
otherwise i agree. The Nets have turn into the Knicks, which was always why would you wanna go coach there.
2775582, It would be hilarious
Posted by Numba_33, Fri Nov-04-22 01:41 PM
if Ime made a verbal agreement to coach the Nets and at the last minute decided to change his mind and sit on the sidelines for reasons you just pointed out.
2775584, dude could ruin his entire career in brooklyn.
Posted by Reeq, Fri Nov-04-22 02:11 PM
right now hes the bright young coach who reached the finals in his 1st year and fucked up outside the lines.

if he fails in brooklyn...he will be another scapegoat for this ongoing shitshow with a bunch of scrutiny on how he failed to relate to players who have shown they arent to relatable. udoka is a good coach but hes not gonna be able to change the force of gravity here. this shit is a snowballing disaster.

and theres a chance the team will get blown up anyway in a year or two and they are back to rebuilding without much draft capital.

i dont see why he would take on that stress...with such high risk and relatively low comparable reward...with all that hes dealing with right now.

nothing about this nets situation looks good for anybody (who will be) involved.

udoka could wait it out and land in a much more favorable situation with a more stable franchise and better outlook for the future.

2775588, exactly
Posted by pretentious username, Fri Nov-04-22 02:45 PM
If he waits till the offseason, he could potentially have his pick of a few different great coaching jobs with teams that are set up well for the next five years or so. Jumping into a messy situation with malcontent stars who are probably leaving and no real draft picks to speak of? I mean on the off chance that everything comes together, yes, they could get a ring this year. But more likely is this team continuing to be a mess, then being a shittier mess, and then he’s coaching the Thunder or an NCAA team in a couple years.

Maybe his familiarity with the Nets org gives him a different perspective, but from the outside looking in, this is one of the riskiest gigs he could take.
2775592, this really should be the reason he doesnt go lol.
Posted by Reeq, Fri Nov-04-22 07:56 PM

>Maybe his familiarity with the Nets org gives him a different
>perspective

dude knows first hand what that place is looking like.
2775591, elephant in the room: what if the nets play better without kyrie?
Posted by Reeq, Fri Nov-04-22 07:47 PM
they look better tonight.

the ball is moving better and durant is currently on the verge of a 30+ pt triple double.

the celtics looked better when kyrie didnt play.

what if the nets just play like a better team with kyrie out?

do you bring him back or do you john wall him?
2775597, nets blew the wizards out by *40* lol.
Posted by Reeq, Fri Nov-04-22 09:20 PM
2775593, Nike suspends relationship with Kyrie....
Posted by Dstl1, Fri Nov-04-22 08:00 PM
Kyrie 8 shelved
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1588691623038562307?t=tLRUNFbX-wT7hyeJ77jBWQ&s=19
2775595, he getting fried from every angle rn
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Fri Nov-04-22 08:30 PM
deal was up after this year anyway and Nike wasn't renewing. but they had to get their lick in too
2775594, anybody remember when durant said he couldnt play with lebron
Posted by Reeq, Fri Nov-04-22 08:16 PM
because the environment around lebron was too toxic?

*blank stare*
2775596, the Warriors really must be ass. Cavs blow Detroit OUT
Posted by Dr Claw, Fri Nov-04-22 08:30 PM
wasn't even close when they started cookin'. Only Cade and Jaden could really hang on offense. Evan Mobley was bullying them.

And neither DG nor Donovan played tonight.

Off to California. After we take on the Lakers and Clippers, we want the Gold(en State), sucka.

Steph Curry! We comin for YOU, NIGGA!
2775609, Damn dude..
Posted by RagOnMe, Sat Nov-05-22 09:02 AM
"Jays | Cavs | Eagles | Sabres | Tarheels"

pick a town and stick to it? People are like "Dr Claw, where are you from??"

"I'm.. *waves one arm slowly in front of him* from the land of the Iroquois"
2775653, The answer to that question explains it:
Posted by Dr Claw, Sat Nov-05-22 05:28 PM
>"Jays | Cavs | Eagles | Sabres | Tarheels"

I'm originally from Western NY but moved 2 times, to Indiana and to SC as I grew up.

The reason I was born/raised in WNY is closely related to my parents (who are from the Carolinas) meeting and marrying in Cleveland (where I live today).

Through the WNY/CLE ties gives you Blue Jays, Sabres, Cavaliers

Though my basketball team could have easily been Knicks (who I supported in the 90s, they used to practice in Charleston near where I lived at the time), or the Pacers.

My football team would have been one of the following AFC teams: Bills, Browns, Colts in that order

It's the Eagles because when I really got into football, it was in pre-Panthers Carolina where Washington was the most popular team, and a lot of fans there were either their fans or Cowboys fans. Some neighbors of mine who were mostly Philly sports fans convinced me to their side. Been Eagles since, since it removed that AFC confusion.

As for college sports, Tarheels won due to NC family ties and that was the team. Could have easily been the Gamecocks though. That's all sports, though, not just basketball.

Since I didn't stay in one place for a while and the place I did didn't have any teams for the longest, I just stuck to teams.

Had I?

The NY thread would have been Jays/Bills/Sabres/Knicks (probably Cuse)
The CLE thread would have been all Cleveland teams (and probably OSU)
The Indiana thread would have been Pacers/Colts (and the last two teams a tossup. My cousin went to Purdue so I might pick them over the area's favorite Hoosiers, baseball might end up being Reds because they were a local favorite. Could also be one of the Chicago teams)
The Carolina thread would have been Panthers/Hornets/Heels ...and NOW Hurricanes (f/k/a The "Butt" Team from Hartford)
2775610, RE: the Warriors really must be ass. Cavs blow Detroit OUT
Posted by Amritsar, Sat Nov-05-22 09:10 AM
steph .. didn't play lol.

Neither did Klay or Draymond
2775612, Pistons, not Pelicans (GS had full team for Det)
Posted by RagOnMe, Sat Nov-05-22 09:14 AM
2775651, correct.
Posted by Dr Claw, Sat Nov-05-22 05:14 PM
the Pelicans game was load balancing.

The Detroit and Magic losses were WTF.

GS ain't got anything going on the bench right now. And their defense over all as a team is ass.

Just watching the way Detroit went up against the Cavs (for the record Detroit was killing Cleveland from 3 with much of the same crew last night more than once last season)... it was hard to believe the same team could go against any form of GS and survive

I do recognize that Bagley and Duren were out (latter might have been a help against the Cavs bigs), but offensively, they at least had their dudes (Cunningham, Ivey, Bey + Bogdanovic) up.
2775598, ty jerome might be the warriors best bench player.
Posted by Reeq, Fri Nov-04-22 09:37 PM
this is crazy.
2775611, The kids still traumatized from seeing dad beat the oldest sibling
Posted by RagOnMe, Sat Nov-05-22 09:11 AM
2775602, Nba refs don’t know what a travel is bc Jerami Grant took 4.5 steps for that gw
Posted by guru0509, Sat Nov-05-22 12:22 AM

Refereeing has been shit across the board though in the last decade , from AAU HS NCAA to Nba

>Simmons out tonight for the Nets. Where Brooklyn at?? smh
>
>Sacramento
> @
>
>Charlotte
>7:00 PM
>
>~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
>Philadelphia
> @
>
>Washington
>7:00 PM
>
>~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
>Indiana
> @
>
>Brooklyn
>7:30 PM
>NBA TV
>
>~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
>
>Atlanta
> @
>
>Toronto
>7:30 PM
>
>~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
>Detroit
> @
>
>Milwaukee
>8:00 PM
>
>~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
>Memphis
> @
>
>Utah
>9:00 PM
>
>~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
>Houston
> @
>
>LA
>10:30 PM
2775626, I agree, half the time they‘re just guessing
Posted by Beezo, Sat Nov-05-22 02:36 PM
Terrible
2775603, Portland has championship potential.
Posted by allStah, Sat Nov-05-22 12:50 AM
That Grant pickup was huge. That’s 4 players in their starting lineup
that can drop 30 and get their own shot.

Nurkic
Grant
Simon
Lillard

And they are playing solid defense
2775606, Dinwiddie say Tony Brothers called him a “bitchass motherfucker”..damn
Posted by Dstl1, Sat Nov-05-22 08:48 AM
2775618, *shoulder shrug* If that’s how he feels then hey. Lol
Posted by Beezo, Sat Nov-05-22 12:20 PM
2775619, I’d give up AD, Russ and both our picks for KD, Kyrie and Seth
Posted by ThaTruth, Sat Nov-05-22 12:41 PM
2775623, Thank God Sean Marks isn’t that gullible
Posted by guru0509, Sat Nov-05-22 01:36 PM
>

Plus , the Jews in LA would not go for that one bit
2775629, That would fix no problems whatsoever for either team.
Posted by Ryan M, Sat Nov-05-22 03:11 PM
2775630, Completely throwing it out there(c)OKS
Posted by ThaTruth, Sat Nov-05-22 03:16 PM
2775624, lebron comments on kyrie:
Posted by Reeq, Sat Nov-05-22 01:55 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVjOy0CxzTE (~4:55 mark)

kinda vague in a usual lebron way. but im glad he came down firmly on a side other than kyrie. he at least didnt waffle on some 'well thats *his* opinion...' shit.
2775628, Seeing all these premature dudes in here talk about GS….
Posted by allStah, Sat Nov-05-22 03:01 PM
is wild.

When GS mashes your team in the spring, come back to this post
to take your L.

8 games in and dudes talking about not watching GS anymore…weak ass fans.
2775666, RE: Seeing all these premature dudes in here talk about GS….
Posted by Amritsar, Sat Nov-05-22 08:40 PM
Not sure if this is referring to me but It’s so damn early for nba

Im tryna focus on my Niners figuring it out for at least a few more weeks.

NFL is king for most of us.
2775632, nick friedell seems like an asshole.
Posted by Reeq, Sat Nov-05-22 03:17 PM
i hate the nets for making this dude a regular staple on multiple media outlets now because someone has to report the constant drama.
2775647, he's definitely a cornball
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Sat Nov-05-22 04:46 PM
2775721, Conditions for Ky to return to the team...
Posted by Kira, Sun Nov-06-22 09:45 AM
https://twitter.com/shamscharania/status/1589056640682426368
2775722, this is a real test
Posted by Tiger Woods, Sun Nov-06-22 10:01 AM
I could see him not complying , ya know because he’s Kyrie, but that would mean he probably never plays basketball again
2775729, there is one condition that I find absolute dogshit
Posted by Dr Claw, Sun Nov-06-22 11:17 AM
and that's donating to/meeting with the ADL, as if they have the authority on anti-semitism and "anti-hate".

you could pay me $1M and I'd only meet with them fuck niggas to tell them to suck my motherfucking dick.

a group that hides behind Jewish identity and atrocities committed against Jewish people to prop up apartheid regimes (both South Africa and Israel) should not be the conditions of employment.

if I were Kyrie, I'd give 750K to If Not Now, do the math on antisemitism with them and issue a joint statement.

he isn't that smart nor shrewd, as he's demonstrated.

this is how capitalism moves, the point that all the niggas talking about this have missed.

the Nets can suck a dick for this.
dude already faced consequences with endorsement losses, and loss of pay.

just cut his ass or "John Wall" him at this point.

those criticizing him and Con-Yay Mess have missed the point. same thing with DeSean Jackson. these crackas are calling them "Nazis" when really this is a specific kind of Negro foolishness of which they are unfamiliar.

a lot of the public Black critics know this but are pretending not to touch the issue to protect the bag.

the difference between those critics and Ye/Rie is that the former is under no illusion as to their relationship to capital. doesn't make them right, it just makes Ye and Rie look even more like dumbasses in the light.

ducking the real conversation outside of the rank antisemitism is why this nonsense will continue on and on and on...
2775730, They on his ass lol
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Sun Nov-06-22 11:23 AM
2775734, theres 2 ways to look at this list:
Posted by Reeq, Sun Nov-06-22 12:04 PM
1. we know most of these checklists are silly in terms of actually gauging if someone is genuinely contrite/changed (assuming that is the *real* goal). but we know how the game goes at this point and its pretty much the standard playbook.

2. its a very specific/simple list that clearly spells out a path back. if kyrie is really interested in getting on the court as son as possible...all he has to do is run through it quickly and put it all behind him. it makes it reaaaaal easy for him without a bunch of ambiguity/uncertainty.

the ball is in his court. lets see how he plays it. you cant blame anybody but kyrie if he doesnt sign on to their easy to understand terms. if this is the hill he chooses to die on...thats on him.

2775732, More Cavs talk
Posted by Dr Claw, Sun Nov-06-22 11:32 AM
this Cavs squad may not ever win a title, I've accepted that.
but the JBB era has been much more fun to watch as a unit then LeBron's second tour of Cleveland.

LeBron is a certified GOAT, a much more interesting player than most of the players in that conversation, and a much rarer one. I think going forward, depending on how Giannis pans out we may never see anything close to that.

But once he got cooking as a talent, you traded off that greatness with incredible lows when that team fell off (or his energy was depleted). losses in that 2017-18 season that was the last before he went to LA were TOXIC environments. the locker room was a fucking mess often. it took the random pair of Richard Jefferson and Channing Frye to pull the team together.

from a basketball perspective: LeBron + shooters heliocentric offense as the league moved toward "Pee Pee Ball" offense had a shelf life (Luka and em should be careful continuing that legacy in Dallas). you see what it is in LA right now without the right personnel.

I write this because that Pistons win and some others this season have highlighted some basketball differences that I thought I'd never see.

First of all, Kevin Love. We know what he is as far as defense is concerned. Under LeBron, he was converted to a spot up shooter. To Love's credit he became awesome at that. Post-LeBron, it looked like he was gonna ride that contract out to immense frustration until he found amazing life off the bench.

NOW, he's moving more like he did in Minnesota with the playmaking and off-ball movement. And he's still a tremendous 3-point shooter. All of this could have been possible under LeSystem, and it was even said in offseasons past that it would be a focus. Never happened until now.

Caris LeVert is looking more like his Nets self, less a herky-jerky ballhandler but a guy who can show some multi-positional versatility, even on defense. This was what the Cavs were hoping for when they traded the Rubio contract to get some semblance of creation.

Under JBB, they reversed the "Kevin Love" situation with Lauri Markkanen, brought from the Bulls to be a spot-up shooter, and made a guy who could play either forward position, plus improved his shooting.

Still stings he got traded, because after FIBA (just like Rubio in the Olympics), Lauri is killing it with the Jazz.

It's this kind of transformative property and versatility that has me optimistic about this team's ability to compete. Something that people thought would be impossible after 2018.

Having a front office that actually is competent also helps (something we didn't have with LeBron 2003-09, particularly the first 3 years).

This afternoon, Cavs face LeBron and the Lakers, who have been stringing together some decent basketball.

Hope Darius and Donovan get to play this one.
2775753, I watched both Cleveland games vs. Boston this year
Posted by Vex_id, Sun Nov-06-22 03:19 PM
and they are *legit* af. Totally understandable how you would deem them more fun than the '17-'18 cavs, even if they don't accomplish as much (finals berth). But this squad is super balanced and full of ascendant talent - and they play with an edge that has to be refreshing to watch for Cavs fans.

LeBron v. Cleveland is always a special game on the calendar and is almost always filled with drama/notable moments (crazy comeback when he was in Miami. Bubble game staring down exec courtside, head-to-rim levl year 19 Bron dunking on Love etc...)

Will be fun to see what today brings. But Lakers aren't careful - this game could be over before halftime.

Cavs ain't nothing to play with this year. Top-tier (1-4 seed) team in the East by year's end IMO.

-->
2775754, This is hilarious.
Posted by allStah, Sun Nov-06-22 03:21 PM
You were Cavs fan that year. No you’re a Lakers fan.

Doc shouldn’t even respond to you.
2775772, lol yea damn that's crazy.
Posted by Vex_id, Sun Nov-06-22 06:20 PM
>You were Cavs fan that year. No you’re a Lakers fan.

-->
2775771, whew... what a damn game.
Posted by Dr Claw, Sun Nov-06-22 06:03 PM
Darius and Donovan dominated the first half for the Cavs, scoring a combined 42 but were trailing by 6 at the half. Both bigs in foul trouble.

Cavs came back in the 2nd half, holding the Lakers to 16 in 3Q, and forcing them to play half-court basketball. if it was transition, LeBron and the Lakers destroyed.

Ham pulled the starters with about 6 minutes left. Game got out of reach. Donovan rested quite a bit in the 4th quarter.

Hated the officiating in this game so much. though it benefitted the Cavs, that call on Schroeder was bullshit. how did AD get a foul removed?
2775773, also DAMMIT I wish the Cavs could have kept Lauri.
Posted by Dr Claw, Sun Nov-06-22 06:38 PM
because LeVert looked like a Micromaster trying to guard LeBron LOL

ah well.
2775803, westbrook gotta be the most celebratingest nigga
Posted by Reeq, Mon Nov-07-22 12:58 AM
with like 7 mins to go in the 1st quarter.

2775806, Rock the baby!
Posted by ThaTruth, Mon Nov-07-22 03:20 AM
2775871, all good until the last 5 minutes
Posted by Dr Claw, Tue Nov-08-22 12:56 AM
refs put their thumb on the scale
that call on LeVert when he was standing in the corner and got bulldozed by Powell? bullshit.

DG started playing absolutely garbage on offense to boot. Donovan, who had barely missed from 3, didn't get the ball at all

Evan Mobley in bogus foul troubles, refs continue to not call hacks on Allen.

next time they getting cooked, even if Kawhi is in the building

on to the Kangz and Warriors
2775907, 1st time I watched Cavs this season (what are odds for them to make ECF?)
Posted by RagOnMe, Tue Nov-08-22 06:27 PM
As long as Middleton's thing isn't a kawhi thing, I don't see anyone beating the Bucks.

But damn Spida... between how he looks, and how Conley/JC have played with this version of Jazz..what's Will Smith movie where he gets more powerful the farther away he is from Charlize Theron? Yeah, that. Rudy was their Charlize Theron I guess. Except he doesn't gain power too, he just continues to be shitty & shooting 3s like a halftime-fan contestant.
2775878, Did Jordan Poole scam all of us?
Posted by PROMO, Tue Nov-08-22 10:20 AM
This dude been the most roller coaster player so far this season.

Last night? ABSENT.

Took Steph going apeshit to BARELY beat the Kings, and Jordan Poole was no where to be found.
2775879, Dray fault.
Posted by ThaTruth, Tue Nov-08-22 10:33 AM
2775880, He didnt do much in the playoffs either.
Posted by Sofian_Hadi, Tue Nov-08-22 10:46 AM
Warriors winning it all kinda hid the fact that he wasnt nearly the same player in the playoffs and regular season last year. I never agreed with the massive contract i knew he'd get. Way too streaky and absolute monstrosity on defense.
2775900, Who's "us"? lol
Posted by Frank Longo, Tue Nov-08-22 03:37 PM
I've been saying on here that I have real concerns about how Poole fits longterm with that team, especially if Draymond leaves, because I think the defense could fall apart in a hurry. If Poole's not making his shots, his defense is bad enough that he's a pure net negative player.

For that reason, Poole always struck me as the sort of dude who long term feels like a 20 PPG scorer on a 30-35 win team. He was gonna get paid-- and his offensive performance the last 1-2 years and his development merits that, the money is well-earned... I'm just kinda surprised Golden State ended up being the ones to pay him.

Then again, when it's home grown talent, maybe they believe there's more there. And over time, Steph went from someone who was a zero on defense to someone who at least knew where to stand and how to not blow a rotation. Like, Steph *works* on that end, even despite his limitations. Maybe they think, over time, Poole can do the same. I'm skeptical, personally, but I'm also not a member of one of the best player development franchises of the last decade, so the fuck do I know.
2775903, what's really confounding me is he's getting minutes.
Posted by PROMO, Tue Nov-08-22 04:21 PM
i get not showing up if you're not playing, but if you're like instant offense (or you were, more or less, last season) and you're getting minutes, you shouldn't be putting up single digit points.
2775904, I feel like the incident with Dray expedited his contract & his minutes
Posted by ThaTruth, Tue Nov-08-22 04:56 PM
2775909, shit has the entire dubs team scammed us
Posted by Reeq, Tue Nov-08-22 06:36 PM
outside of steph, dray, looney, wigs, and ty jerome?

that poole-wiseman 2 man game had me kinda hype in the preseason...and both them niggas been extra doo doo once the games started counting for real.
2775910, Can't carry the ball can't score lol
Posted by Beezo, Tue Nov-08-22 06:52 PM
2775930, Nets announce Jacque Vaughn as head coach. 🤔🤔🤔
Posted by Dstl1, Wed Nov-09-22 12:14 PM
2775931, he should've had the job before Nash, with their current PR nightmares...
Posted by ThaTruth, Wed Nov-09-22 12:35 PM
they couldn't afford to bring Ime Udoka in right now
2775934, He was the head coach before Nash was there.
Posted by Numba_33, Wed Nov-09-22 12:54 PM
He was in the interim coach after Kenny Atkinson was fired years ago. Once Nash was brought in, Vaughn had to serve as Nash's assistant.
2775933, PR move. Not the right time to bring in Udoka…
Posted by allStah, Wed Nov-09-22 12:51 PM
but he will be brought in.

Vaughn ain’t it. Assistant at best.
2775937, Maybe but Vaughn is signed thru next season.
Posted by Ryan M, Wed Nov-09-22 01:19 PM