Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectgonna be a shoot-out
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2775058&mesg_id=2775208
2775208, gonna be a shoot-out
Posted by will_5198, Mon Oct-31-22 12:16 PM
really the game is Georgia's offense against Tennessee's defense.

Tennessee actually has a stout front seven a top ten rush defense -- the toughest rush defense Georgia faced was Missouri (36th), and you saw how they got off schedule and struggled in that game.

I can see Bowers just killing Tennessee's secondary on third downs though; the Kentucky game was a glimmer of hope for the Vols (I like #0 Slaughter to cover him, #1 Jackson can cover but is a bad tackler). Vols have had corners hurt but those guys were making a ton of mistakes while healthy (I am not a fan of #5 Hadden, he was crazy undisciplined in the Florida game).

I'm sure Kirby has studied the bama tape and saw what his old boss did or didn't do defensively. but they won't be able to stop Tennessee -- Vols scored 17 last year against them (only bama scored more) and this version is leagues better.

what will kill Tennessee are turnovers. Hooker is a smart scrambler but he can put it on the ground, and so do the two running backs. plus Georgia is at home -- not that Athens is that scary, but Neyland is one of the best homefield advantages in the SEC and Tennessee won't have that to lean on.

if Georgia can run the ball from the outset, it's going to be a long day. but I don't think they will. I think it will be another bama-type game, where whichever offense has the ball at the end will win.