Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectCFB week 9
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2775058
2775058, CFB week 9
Posted by 3xKrazy, Sat Oct-29-22 05:40 PM
OSU offense is charmin soft and Day's big game coaching performances have entered the concerning stage

TCU still getting by

Kentucky/Tenn might be fun

Mel Tucker will prob not be earning his pay check tonight
2775077, Everyone keeps saying Levis is legit. I don’t see it.
Posted by legsdiamond, Sun Oct-30-22 06:53 AM
2775078, He just wears the pads and uniform well. He trash
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Sun Oct-30-22 08:30 AM
2775111, I would take him on the Colts.
Posted by will_5198, Sun Oct-30-22 02:23 PM
he has the new age NFL toolbox and size

I learned my lesson after Josh Allen's college career
2775120, To be fair, a lot of people took some big Ls on Josh Allen
Posted by calij81, Sun Oct-30-22 03:19 PM
I saw a lot of Wyoming games and never saw it either.

Tall white guy with a big arm but came up small in winnable MWC games and had a lot of turnovers against MWC defenses.

Truly shocking what he has turned into.

Allen is having the career you and I thought Rosen would have. We were way off on both those guys.
2775079, Harvin Marrison JR is the best WR in the country .
Posted by guru0509, Sun Oct-30-22 08:46 AM
And he’s not even draft eligible

WR U and always have been

>OSU offense is charmin soft and Day's big game coaching
>performances have entered the concerning stage
>
>TCU still getting by
>
>Kentucky/Tenn might be fun
>
>Mel Tucker will prob not be earning his pay check tonight
2775082, I would've thrown it to him every single play
Posted by 3xKrazy, Sun Oct-30-22 09:31 AM
psu didnt have a prayer of stopping him. instead we came out with one of the worst game plans ive ever seen...
2775081, Elite coach james franklin
Posted by 3xKrazy, Sun Oct-30-22 09:29 AM
https://twitter.com/RonLedgard/status/1586442558963867648?s=20&t=UfCvPxtdSODTxP5CfV229g
2775084, Big 10 needs to be punished for these QB’s
Posted by legsdiamond, Sun Oct-30-22 09:59 AM
how the fuck does a whole conference outside of the Buckeyes have no desire to sign anything but below average white dudes at QB?
2775085, they dead ass playing football from the 90s out there. its pathetic
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Sun Oct-30-22 10:00 AM
2775132, Clifford was an elite recruit
Posted by cgonz00cc, Sun Oct-30-22 06:00 PM
Penn St brought him down, not the other way around
2775135, so was mertz!
Posted by 3xKrazy, Sun Oct-30-22 06:15 PM
2775087, is mich ever gonna fix their tunnel situation?
Posted by 3xKrazy, Sun Oct-30-22 10:27 AM
or they just gonna play the victim card week after week? this has been going on for years now. just fix it.
2775088, I laughed so hard at that michigan player getting stomped out
Posted by guru0509, Sun Oct-30-22 10:55 AM
>or they just gonna play the victim card week after week? this
>has been going on for years now. just fix it.

Long overdue
2775129, hes injured and was not dressed for the game
Posted by cgonz00cc, Sun Oct-30-22 05:49 PM
2775131, the tunnel didnt make James Franklin act like a jackass
Posted by cgonz00cc, Sun Oct-30-22 05:51 PM
and the tunnel didnt make MSU players swing helmets at redshirts/injuries in street clothes
2775137, that tunnel situation has been a powder keg for years
Posted by 3xKrazy, Sun Oct-30-22 06:19 PM
with various teams.

it couldve easily been fixed but they chose not to cause clearly like having their hornet's nest. and shit finally hit the fan.

how did Franklin act like a jackass? genuine question. all I saw was him telling harbaugh to stop talking. which actually seemed like a good recommendation.
2775270, Has it though??? I NEVER heard about tunnel issues when I
Posted by soulfunk, Tue Nov-01-22 10:57 AM
was a student, and haven’t since then beyond verbal jawing which is gonna happen regardless in rivalry games. At least up until the PSU game this year with the PB&J throwing. And even in that game you can see video after the game of both teams peacefully walking through the tunnel and even some chopping it up with each other as they walk to their respective locker rooms:

https://youtu.be/HTuyuUDWo2g

We aren’t the only school with a single tunnel. For example Spartan Stadium has a single tunnel as well. There is already protocol before the game and at halftime with teams taking turns heading in. I’d expect going forward to be much more strict protocol with additional security.
2775322, i recall seeing this going back to 2013 vs OSU
Posted by 3xKrazy, Tue Nov-01-22 03:28 PM
and you had an opposing coach just last week tell everyone that the arrangement was a problem and warned of it escalating into something ugly and instead of taking those concerns seriously...the face of the mich program tells him to fuck off and further antagonizes the situation. and the fanbase cheers this type of response on.
2775330, Agreed re: Harbaugh and the PSU stuff, but that was just
Posted by soulfunk, Tue Nov-01-22 04:56 PM
the last game. Again, I've never heard of or seen reported anything more than verbal trash talking in the tunnel up until that PSU game. Yes we need to fix the situation re: protocol and security.

That being said I don't think it's a coincidence that some MSU players did this at the next game after PSU and it was in the news. Again, MSU also has a single tunnel, so they know how that works.

All that being said, nothing excuses what happened Saturday. That was beyond some rivalry crap.
2775335, RE: Agreed re: Harbaugh and the PSU stuff, but that was just
Posted by 3xKrazy, Tue Nov-01-22 05:54 PM
>the last game. Again, I've never heard of or seen reported
>anything more than verbal trash talking in the tunnel up until
>that PSU game.

last year halftime vs OSU was not good.

>That being said I don't think it's a coincidence that some MSU
>players did this at the next game after PSU and it was in the
>news

there is zero coincidence in anyone's involvement in these tunnel interactions. it's a thing thats been allowed and encouraged and unsurprisingly went too far.
2775209, so are there separate tunnels or what should they do
Posted by will_5198, Mon Oct-31-22 12:16 PM
I never knew it was an issue
2775274, It wasnt
Posted by Ceej, Tue Nov-01-22 11:34 AM
>I never knew it was an issue

But somehow a player wielding his helmet at another human being is the tunnels fault.
2775324, cause that's totally the argument
Posted by 3xKrazy, Tue Nov-01-22 03:29 PM

>But somehow a player wielding his helmet at another human
>being is the tunnels fault.
>
2775325, U should hear the dumb people behind a microphone around here
Posted by Ceej, Tue Nov-01-22 03:36 PM
2775323, Franklin suggested creating a buffer which seemed reasonable
Posted by 3xKrazy, Tue Nov-01-22 03:29 PM
beefing security would also be an option. which supposedly they did but I didn't see much of any police presence in the footage.
2775326, Not enough of a buffer at all, for sure
Posted by Ceej, Tue Nov-01-22 03:37 PM
>beefing security would also be an option. which supposedly
>they did but I didn't see much of any police presence in the
>footage.

2775112, VOLS, BITCH
Posted by will_5198, Sun Oct-30-22 02:23 PM
putting Kentucky football back where they belong, getting stomped with no chance
2775121, whats your call on next week?
Posted by 3xKrazy, Sun Oct-30-22 03:20 PM
2775208, gonna be a shoot-out
Posted by will_5198, Mon Oct-31-22 12:16 PM
really the game is Georgia's offense against Tennessee's defense.

Tennessee actually has a stout front seven a top ten rush defense -- the toughest rush defense Georgia faced was Missouri (36th), and you saw how they got off schedule and struggled in that game.

I can see Bowers just killing Tennessee's secondary on third downs though; the Kentucky game was a glimmer of hope for the Vols (I like #0 Slaughter to cover him, #1 Jackson can cover but is a bad tackler). Vols have had corners hurt but those guys were making a ton of mistakes while healthy (I am not a fan of #5 Hadden, he was crazy undisciplined in the Florida game).

I'm sure Kirby has studied the bama tape and saw what his old boss did or didn't do defensively. but they won't be able to stop Tennessee -- Vols scored 17 last year against them (only bama scored more) and this version is leagues better.

what will kill Tennessee are turnovers. Hooker is a smart scrambler but he can put it on the ground, and so do the two running backs. plus Georgia is at home -- not that Athens is that scary, but Neyland is one of the best homefield advantages in the SEC and Tennessee won't have that to lean on.

if Georgia can run the ball from the outset, it's going to be a long day. but I don't think they will. I think it will be another bama-type game, where whichever offense has the ball at the end will win.
2775210, the best thing you can do vs stout SEC defenses is go vertical
Posted by legsdiamond, Mon Oct-31-22 12:36 PM
too many teams try to run outside or throw short and Bama and Georgia eat that up..

but when you go vertical it really changes the game. Which is why I think Vols will win another high scoring game.
2775370, People reacting to the first playoff rankings is still hilarious to me
Posted by Ceej, Wed Nov-02-22 10:47 AM
They have no shame in broadcasting how very not bright they are.
2775371, is there a B10 rule against scheduling major out of conf games mid season?
Posted by guru0509, Wed Nov-02-22 10:54 AM
>They have no shame in broadcasting how very not bright they
>are.

why do all of our (TOSU and um) big out of conference games have to be at the start of the season, and then we get into the big 10 play.

I wish we had a big time opponent to square off with later in the season, once the team is firing on all cylinders and players have settled into positions to test their mettle against a legit opponent since the big 10 is so bad now that we only get one real legit test all season, sometimes 2 or 3 if wisconsin and penn state / msu are doing ok

Everyone knows that a team always looks drastically different at the start of november compared to AUGUST, when players are still coming in off training camp.

anywAYS END RANT.
2775373, I bet it would only take one of us to do it to start a trend
Posted by Ceej, Wed Nov-02-22 11:08 AM
Until then, I see biz as usual cuz why bother. If all things are proper the game will continue to be the de facto play in.
2775385, doesn’t this apply to all conferences
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Nov-02-22 02:11 PM
Unless its against Notre Dame I don’t remember that many teams scheduling tough out of conference games once the conference schedule ramps up

2775387, I wasn’t sure that’s why I just mentioned the big ten
Posted by guru0509, Wed Nov-02-22 02:25 PM
>Unless its against Notre Dame I don’t remember that many
>teams scheduling tough out of conference games once the
>conference schedule ramps up
>
>

You right though
2775407, ND vs FSU in ‘93 is the GOAT non-conference regular season game.
Posted by Mignight Maruder, Wed Nov-02-22 07:49 PM
Crazy to reflect now on how those 2 programs agreed to play that late in the season. That was pre BCS era though and ND didn’t shy from any big teams. They used to have some epic battles with PSU (when they were independent) and then obviously Michigan and USC. Unless you’re an independent or play in a non-power 5 conference, doesn’t make sense with the current format.
2775400, there's no point to scheduling big OOC games at all
Posted by 3xKrazy, Wed Nov-02-22 05:45 PM
just ask mich

aside from that we all know that late season losses are weighted more heavily than early season losses so that would make it extra dumb to schedule something big later in the season. and why SEC schedules FCS teams in november. no other conference would agree to it.

if MSU, wisky, Iowa, PSU etc. cant field solid teams then there's really not much OSU can do about it. also i think part of the reason why these second tier schools suck so bad nowadays is because the elite schools recruit at such a higher level than they did in then past. there wasnt as big of a talent discrepancy.

>Everyone knows that a team always looks drastically different
>at the start of november compared to AUGUST, when players are
>still coming in off training camp.

hey hey hey I remember in august when you weren't letting me use this as an excuse for OSU's crappy play vs ND lol