Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectPublic apologies are whatever
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2772779&mesg_id=2773885
2773885, Public apologies are whatever
Posted by obsidianchrysalis, Wed Oct-12-22 04:10 PM
But from Draymond's comments, he seems clear, authentic, and contrite. I think that's a big reason why the punishment did not include a suspension.

Not that this scenario is the same as the KD incident but in that situation, Dray was very dismissive and arrogant. If Draymond held that behavior here, I'd like to think they'd step in and severely punish him.

Maybe I'm being naive, but I give the front office and coaching staff the benefit of doubt. They've shown the ability to push the right buttons with the emotional management of the players. I'd like to think Poole had to be on board with this for the front office to lay down this punishment.

Team leaders stepped in and settled everyone's tense emotions from the reports that are out now. Again, I can be naive, but I think leaders like Steph and Looney knew how to acknowledge the significance of the breach of trust but repair the wound to help the team reach its potential.

And also, this went down in a practice. Former athletes have said these situations happen fairly regularly, even on great teams. So, while I don't support violence, I like that they seem to work out a solution that seems respectful to everyone involved. At least at the moment. I wonder what will happen if or when the team struggles. Especially if Draymond's play is the reason for the poor performance.