Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectHe dropped an efficient 20 points last night.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2772779&mesg_id=2773729
2773729, He dropped an efficient 20 points last night.
Posted by Frank Longo, Mon Oct-10-22 11:48 AM
He doesn't need to be super-fast super-athlete John Wall-- he needs to be the guy who can carry more of a load when guys like Leonard and George invariably miss time. He showed me enough last night to show he can do that.

And Jackson's efficiency was terrible last year. Worst shooting percentages since he was a rookie, worse PER since he was a rookie. His usage was the highest last year it's been since he was in Detroit, hence his raw numbers going up, yet his assists per game were still down from his time in Detroit. And, needless to say, his analytical numbers, due to his high-volume, low-efficiency production, were terrible last year, worst since his rookie year. The Clippers were provably better on both ends with him off the court.

I do not expect Jackson to start over Wall-- at least for the lion's share of the season, assuming Wall is healthy. I kinda doubt Wall does back-to-backs, at least early on while he gets back into the swing of an NBA schedule, so maybe they rotate? But I expect Wall to be better for the Clippers than Jackson.