Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectIt's all good. You're cool AF as well
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2772779&mesg_id=2773510
2773510, It's all good. You're cool AF as well
Posted by mrhood75, Fri Oct-07-22 02:16 PM
>but I think there's a pretty stark difference between
>Draymond's contribution to his team and MJ's to his. I'll put
>up with MJ before I'll put up with Draymond Green. So that's
>one difference.

Yeah, clearly Draymond isn't as good of a player as MJ. But all accounts have him being intrinsic to the team's winning culture. And he's worked to set the tone before Kerr even got hired. Couple that with the fact he's been credited with helping the young players on this team develop, like Wiseman and Kuminga, both of which will essentially do anything that Green and Iggy ask them to do.

>But another HUGE difference is the fact that the Jordan/Kerr
>punch became a thing of legend LONG after it happened, relived
>entirely by word of mouth. This is ON VIDEO for the whole
>world to see. We have more context than the example you're
>citing which , just based on what we know, I think makes it
>way more inappropriate and in turn more humiliating for all
>parties involved.

The video does definitely add something to it. Because otherwise, this story is over by the time Draymond is off his two-day suspension. Which I believe he already is. He'd already apologized before the video, and the rest was being handled internally. I do think it would be REALLY dumb for the team to increase the suspension or how it drag into the regular season because of this video.

>But to your point and to be fair, we haven't seen it impact
>the on court product...yet. But we can't act like it's not a
>thing and couldn't be detrimental to winning because it
>definitely could.

That's all I'm saying. There is a lot of pearl-clutching going on. A lot of think-pieces are going to be written and there are going to be a lot of pundits screaming. But we have no idea is if this is going to impact the on court, no matter how many sports personalities try to will it into existence.

I choose to believe these guys are more mature than that, because, hey, this an ultra-competitive league filled with ultra-competitive players, and fights in practice between teammates happen. I would hope both Poole and Green have moved past it, video or not. Because winning a championship should outweigh bruised egos on either side.