Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectDo you think Myles injury problems are a thing of the past?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2772779&mesg_id=2773239
2773239, Do you think Myles injury problems are a thing of the past?
Posted by Cold Truth, Tue Oct-04-22 11:30 AM
That's my question.

I assume his injury problems are all gone, and there's nothing to worry about there, correct?

Do you see him being healthy and productive enough for, say, 70 games and fully healthy for the next four playoffs?

Also, and I know we've reached an impasse here, but I am still wondering if you're getting that "worth a pick" and "worth the only assets you have" are two different, though connected, things, and are separate pieces of this particular puzzle.

I say this, because it can be argued that taking Hield's money could be seen as the price for someone taking a gamble on Myles. You never, ever give any real credence to the fact that he's missed about half the season for two straight years, and missed about 17 games the two seasons prior.

He's yet another "when healthy" fantasy.

So I wonder what the optimism is about his health, since you only ever seem to focus on what he does *when healthy* while discounting the objective fact that *when in street clothes* means he does absolutely none of the things that make him so attractive to you.

We had a similar discussion about Wall, and as I said then, this is our rent money.

This is it. It's all we have to deal with. And, as with Wall, you're really high on giving up everything we have for a guy that's a huge question mark health wise.

I'm willing to bet actual money that he misses an average of thirty games, at a minimum over the next two years- and he'll pretty much be cooked after that.