Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI think we disagree about Myles *health* - and the importance of those picks
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2772779&mesg_id=2773103
2773103, I think we disagree about Myles *health* - and the importance of those picks
Posted by Cold Truth, Sun Oct-02-22 08:01 PM
Having two seriously injury prone bigs anchoring our title hopes is a massive problem.

It’s not his talent that isn’t worth a pick, it’s the fact that his persistent injury history, that lends *no* reason to expect that to suddenly be gone.

IMO, your take on Myles is way too optimistic, to the point where his injury issues is just a footnote.

I think It’s objectively much more than a mere footnote. It’s the lead, his talent being secondary.

I’m not being snarky when I ask this question:

How much of a factor will his 3/D presence be, when he’s in street clothes for 40 games?

Because there’s a good chance that’s the case.

That’s a LOT to weigh when giving up assets, particularly when it’s the last available asset.

So it’s not just about how good Myles can be when healthy
It’s not just about how many picks he’ll cost
It’s not just about the fact that the current price is “everything”

It’s also about how heavy that cost weighs relative to the fact that it leaves us with nothing

And the fact that it necessitates that we resign him

And the fact that the chances of his health improving to 70 game pace, with playoff availability is slim

I iust don’t see how you can so heavily discount the impact of his injury history, relative to the fact that it would leave us with next to no room to tweak- which means that if his injury history holds up, we’re fucked, only with nothing of value to deal.