Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectWe disagree on Myles.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2772779&mesg_id=2773099
2773099, We disagree on Myles.
Posted by Frank Longo, Sun Oct-02-22 07:39 PM
I realize health is a concern, but when he's on the court, he's one of the best defenders in the NBA in the post, and, most importantly for a possible Lakers lineup, he's got real pick-and-pop credibility, either as backup or working at the 5 while AD works at the 4.

He's not been able to traded, because Indiana has been waiting for a team to offer a pick and change for him, and most teams have their big man position more or less figured out and/or don't have a natural fit with him down low, so when you combine some of the health issues he's had last two seasons, it makes sense that they haven't found a trade partner for him yet. I think he's worth a pick given his obvious fit with the Lakers roster-- and Buddy's worth a pick too, imo. I wouldn't do the both-unprotected offer I've seen that they want, but if you could top 7 protect both, I'd absolutely do that deal imo.

I don't think they make that Spurs deal without offering at least a pick, and I think both Turner and Hield are better than anyone in the Spurs deal, hence why I prefer my deal. But if you don't like the value of Myles Turner, then your take makes sense. I just really like Myles, especially his fit with AD.