Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI’m not sold on the Indy deal, because I’m not sold on Myles’ health
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2772779&mesg_id=2773094
2773094, I’m not sold on the Indy deal, because I’m not sold on Myles’ health
Posted by Cold Truth, Sun Oct-02-22 07:21 PM
And I think there’s a reason he’s been available, and still available.

Because,”available” is something he’s not been for two years running.

The Lakers have little to no competition for him.

That’s a massive red flag, given his age and what he does.

I absolutely think anyone who signs him next summer, signs a money pit they’ll be desperate to get rid of in less than two years.

It is, IMO, a bad move to deal two future picks for a guy who is already missed so many games at his age, particularly when he needs to be resigned.

It’s a horrible gamble IMO. One pick, ok. Two? Ehhhh. Because there are just too many potential problems, and that needs to factor into this price tag

A deal with SA is much more assurance, but I would ‘t do that for more than one pick, and I’d make that shit top 7 protected.

Absent one of those scenarios, they need to hold onto russ until the deadline. And if nothing comes of it, ride it out and refresh this summer with cap space and three picks.

Throwing a hail mary with the potential pitfalls Myles brings, doesn’t put us on par with GS, Phoenix, or even Denver or the Clippers…. Nah. That’s a fools bet.

I don’t care about this delusion people have that we’re wasting another year of Lebron’s career. Fuck that. He plays for the Lakers, not vice versa, and if a deal doesn’t put us *squarely* in contention, one pick is already a lot to give up. Two is insane.

And for Myles, one pick is already a gamble. Two is too much.
I do like Buddy, and think he’ll be ideal. But anyone acting like Myles doesn’t have a massive potential downside, just isn’t paying attention.

That dude is NOT worth a pick, and Buddy isn’t worth two.

So what’s the justification for Indy getting two picks, apart from A. Lakers Tax, and B, the narrative where people are more concerned about Lebron losing another year, than they are about the Lakers making wise and prudent moves after overpaying for everything in the Lebron era?

And it’s not because I think the picks themselves are so important.
But because this is all we have left for assets. That cupboard is bare.

Myles is a gamble that has an excellent chance of going horribly wrong, and then we have nothing but more picks to flip down the road.