Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI'd send him to SA for Josh, Poeltl, and McDermott
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2772779&mesg_id=2773074
2773074, I'd send him to SA for Josh, Poeltl, and McDermott
Posted by Cold Truth, Sun Oct-02-22 05:47 PM
Frankly, I think that could be a solid squad. Not top heavy, but decent depth, and we'd actually have some size and decent shooting to go with our small guards. I like the idea of Josh and McDermott under Ham, next to Lebron and AD.

Especially if we could do it without picks, or only one first, that's a deal I'm comfortable with.

I do think better deals will show themselves in December, and a better deal can likely be had on draft day, when we'll have three picks. We'd have no meaningful salary to include, but we'd have some space, not to mention McDermott becomes an expiring.

That's the best overall scenario I can see, though I think the best overall scenario is had by flipping Russ for someone who values/needs the expiring enough that they don't make us give up any firsts, and doesn't make us take back crazy salary, and allows us to flip three picks come draft day.

My fear is, say, Brooklyn falls apart and we pounce on Kyrie, or some other aging malcontent headcase who will never give us a full season's worth of work.

Other teams can do much better, but I'd try to dangle Russ, both picks, and Nunn for Shae. Inside track on resigning nunn, two valuable picks, Russ goes home for a spell.

A guy can wish.