Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: as a Steeler fan I need people to chill on Baker
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2772364&mesg_id=2772777
2772777, RE: as a Steeler fan I need people to chill on Baker
Posted by jimaveli, Tue Sep-27-22 03:02 PM
>hear me out.
>
>for the record I totally agree they overhype white QB’s all
>fucking day and downplay Lamar.
>

From deep in my heart and with everything mind, body, and soul, I hope Lamar manages to put together a completely ignant ass season where the Ravens beat down everyone, he puts up Tecmo Super Bowl stats so the fantasy folks and spreadsheet warriors can only STFU, and they win a SB. And I want them to win it while throwing a lot of sacred cows and allegedly amazing folks down flights of stairs all January long while people pick against him every week out of desperate hope that they don't have to accept that they had dude fucked up from the beginning AND they failed to adjust as he was obviously getting better every year except the 2021 season when he was hurt a lot and the team was crippled with cluster injuries at key positions too. And yeah, RB is a key position. People are out of their minds to think anyone can redo a whole RB room around Labor Day and there wouldn't be a price to pay.

>but..
>
>Baker won a playoff game IN PITTSBURGH. A Brown’s QB won a
>playoff game in the Burgh and then pushed KC to the brink…
>and one year later they kicked his ass to the curb.
>
>I believe the last time a Browns QB won ANY playoff game was
>1994.
>
>For the life of me I will never understand how that team,
>city, FO turned on this dude 365 days later. He should’ve
>been treated like royalty. They treated Baker like a nigga..
>Vince Young was treated better his last year.
>
>Seriously tho, I will never understand how a team who went
>that long without a playoff win can act like they deserved a
>SB trip because of preseason hype.

You said a lot of it right here.

And I think I get it too: Bayka was NEVER as good as he was billed as being. He had NO business getting picked when he did in the draft.

BUT

I view the hate on him as the market overcorrecting instead of just admitting they were wrong about dubbing Baker as a white Russ with better accuracy. I'm even more embarrassed for the league as a whole that Seattle damn near traded Russ for Baker and the story got out.

Still, they (Cleveland brass, the media in general, average meatheads who think fantasy football is football, and others) went from covering his warts and blaming EVERYONE BUT HIM to all of a sudden deciding he was hopelessly putrid and not worthy of even being on a team in a league where Tanny has consistently been a starting QB for several years.