Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectThat damn Jericho
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2771113&mesg_id=2778581
2778581, That damn Jericho
Posted by jimaveli, Thu Dec-15-22 01:29 PM
That crowd was EXCITED for Action Andretti. And Jericho showed all sorts of ass for him. AND Andretti felt like a more complete version of Dante Martin in this showing last night. I mean that in the best way btw.

They did a grand job of teasing multiple viable finishes before actually pulling the trigger on a fun and surprising loss for Jackass Jericho. Doing this right after he got caught slippin and tapped out to the giant swing is just good stuff.

I remember loving it when Flair would 'fuck around and lose' sometimes back in the 80s. Or even when he came close to losing until pulling something out of his ass (or trunks) to end up winning. Or even when he'd somehow get disqualified in an impressively bitch ass way to avoid losing his title even if he lost the match. This reminded me of that type of deal. And it was grand execution.

And I'm not even gonna fuck it up by wondering where they go from here with it. Nope. Not this time. I'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Also, at least to me, it helped MJF look like even a bigger bitch for how he had to get by Starks in the main event. And how he was running away from Danielson afterwards. Good stuff overall.

As for AEW in general, I like heel champ MJF and his ridiculous list of people he's claiming won't be able to beat him for the title. Kenny looks great physically. I guess not being damn near crippled helps with that. And yes, I still want Phil back because it could be a damn blast to see they played it up but I'm kinda resigned to my assumption that it isn't happening any time soon if ever. And The Acclaimed is still pretty much a good time and they need to continue getting fucked with/occasionally ambushed and beaten up by some heels in order to stay as over as they've gotten.