Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectOKPW 2022 - Rasslin All Fall long
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2771113&mesg_id=2771113
2771113, OKPW 2022 - Rasslin All Fall long
Posted by jimaveli, Wed Aug-31-22 01:50 PM
We're headed towards a weekend with a boatload of rasslin. All Out (what is the main event!?, Clash at the Castle, Worlds Collide. Yeah, that should work.

Triple Haitch is byke and large corners of the internet are mostly pleased if they've actually watched the stuff.

Roman/The Bloodline/Sami/KO...chef's kiss. It is all just wonderful times. Everyone is killing it. Its best days NXT stuff with king shit ultra star during his best run Roman at the head of it all. Errbody knows I love me some Sami when he's doing something of note. I couldn't love it more if I tried.

Rollins vs Bro is ON. Rollins is out here doing killer non-title work no lie.

The Miz is out here helping people get over again and I like it.

Edge is trying to do his part again too.

In general, coherent WWE is on a roll. Its taking me longer and longer to watch these shows nowadays! And whenever Cody comes up from the floor again, it is REALLY on.

And relax, folks. Sasha and Naomi will be back soon enough. And they're lined up to have some NXT-level good matches depending on how they get reintroduced.

AEW is allegedly having the inevitable issues that every rasslin company will have to navigate. Bookers who are wrestlers, hurt folks, everyone can't be champ (even with 15 titles), a young owner who is just 'trying to make good shows' is finding out that there's more to it than just the E-Fed styled 'making good cards' shit. I'm not super scared for them yet though. And really, good luck figuring out who is actually mad, sad, down bad, and/or hoping for Haitch to call them up on the low. Their existence is still an obvious net gain. Cuz TNA, ROH, NJPW, and the others weren't forcing WWE to do anything better anytime soon. If nothing else, WWE moving off of multiple talents was good for all of us in most cases. And it got us some more CM Punk, which has mostly been wonderful.

ROH is still a no weekly show-having rasslin outfit with some badass champs (FTR, CeClaudio, Smoa Joe).

NXT UK is going away. I'm guilty of barely watching it if it wasn't VAULTER/GOONTER whooping someone's azz or some tough pretty lady match.

NXT 2.0 is still trying to get and stay coherent. They have a few sure shot stars. Richochet vs the kid Carmelo Hayes (he's shorter than I thought) is gonna be a good time this weekend fo sho. Reminds me of Rico vs Dream.

Yes, I'm openly sad that V. Dream can't seem to get/keep his shit together. I mean, he was IT. And he's still young af. I don't love that he's one who is being held most sternly to 2022 standards for shady shit done offsite. But hey, who knows what people really know about that dude. Meanwhile, Flair just got hella resources put down on his *some number here*-th retirement match/tour. I love his work, I figure 4'd my brother regularly, whoooo, stylin and profilin, and all of that but IJS. I tried to chop my brother too but he wasn't down to take those after a while. I was too stiff with them chops.

I don't know how Eli Drake is gonna make it out of this models thing, but he still looks like a star waiting to happen if Haitch can rescue him then get him mixed into something that he doesn't have to make chicken salad out of.