Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectDecent potential, but has to get stronger.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2768286&mesg_id=2768542
2768542, Decent potential, but has to get stronger.
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Jun-23-22 10:49 AM
Not terribly unlike Houstan, I think he's a good shooter (wasn't good last year, but saw him a little in HS, and the 82+% from FT makes me believe this year was a fluke), and I think he works hard on defense with good positional size. He's also got a bit more in his bag offensively than Houstan-- you can see why a team in the late first would think he can be a bench scorer pretty early into his rookie deal.

But he's currently a buck 90, and I think a lot of the struggles he had last year on both ends had to do with that. Since he, like Houstan, isn't a plus athlete by NBA standards, he's got to avoid being bullied on either end by the stronger, faster, and more quick-twitch athletes in the NBA.

So I think he's a guy who more likely than not will stink next year, lol. If he can get to, like, 210+? Then I think between his offensive skills and his defensive effort, he can be a rotational player in the NBA. If he can't get strong enough fast enough though, could become an also-ran.