Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectLimited upside, but underrated as a prospect in today's game imo.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2768286&mesg_id=2768535
2768535, Limited upside, but underrated as a prospect in today's game imo.
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Jun-23-22 09:42 AM
Dell's not the best athlete... but he's strong, smart, and has really good size/length positionally. Can definitely switch in the NBA against 2-4, at least.

He's not a very good shooter off-the-bounce... but he developed into a really nice catch-and-shoot 3-point shooter last year. 41% from 3, 80% from FT. Think the tools are there for him to figure out how to be a nice 3-and-D piece in the NBA.

On top of that, he's become a very good passer. Ran some point at Duke, initiated offense. Maybe played a bit *too* unselfishly at times, but think it shows he knows his role offensively at the next level. Won't play outside of himself.

So I don't think he's a guy who should go, like, Top 20. But once we get to the win-now teams looking for guys who can step in and play some bench minutes as a rookie, I think Moore has real value. Agbaji's the better prospect, but I think they should be drafted, like, 5 spots apart, not 15-20 like we see in some mocks. They're targeting the same role-- and Moore provides better versatility as a better passer/ballhandler.

If I'm picking from 21-29, I would be considering Moore. And if he slips beyond that, it's a steal imo. Trying to keep homerism in check here, but it's hard to not see him as a guy with the potential median outcome as 15-18 MPG in the modern NBA.