Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectThink he could be Diet Coke Grant Williams.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2768286&mesg_id=2768529
2768529, Think he could be Diet Coke Grant Williams.
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Jun-23-22 09:26 AM
I'm not convinced he's an NBA 4 with any regularity, because he's too short to play consistently in the post (though he was very good there in college), but he's not really the athlete or ballhandler to create a lot of shots on the perimeter either. Kind of a man without a country in terms of true position. Think a few years ago, he'd be a projected second rounder "tweener."

That said, I do kind of think he's suited to play small ball 5. He's a good passer, he's gotten results from his catch-and-shoot opportunities. He was terrible in switches as a sophomore, but did decently well from what I saw last year. So maybe use that strength, the potential to shoot, and the high IQ to burn teams in small lineups.

His success will just be so predicated upon where he ends up and how teams choose to use him. If a team uses him the way Boston uses Grant Williams, I think there's potential for him to get real minutes and be a truly effective piece on a good team. Luckily, he's very likely to go in the 20s, where the playoff teams with good player development programs reside. Think his chances of sticking are pretty good.