Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectHe's *really* raw, but I do love his upside.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2768286&mesg_id=2768526
2768526, He's *really* raw, but I do love his upside.
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Jun-23-22 09:11 AM
Generally in the second round, I'd be happy to gamble on a dude who isn't ready today but has actual starter upside. And I think that's Davison.

Right now, he just plays so young since he's so early in his development. Like, his competition in high school just wasn't on the level of most of his peers. So it makes sense that he's very turnover prone and that he makes bad defensive reads looking to make the big play. Kids will do that.

But man, when the big plays connect, dude is definitely electric. Elite athlete, terrific getting downhill, godly in transition, and a menace with steals and blocks on occasion. He uses that athleticism well, he just has to develop more fundamentals around that athleticism.

I've been seeing him mid-to-late 40s in mocks, but I'd definitely take him in the 30s or very early 40s. I get why people would be afraid because he's pretty clearly not ready today (unless he magically develops a half-court offensive game in the offseason), but you just can't find guys with his body and athleticism in the second round, generally.