Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectA hooper, plain and simple. Would want him on my team.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2768286&mesg_id=2768416
2768416, A hooper, plain and simple. Would want him on my team.
Posted by Frank Longo, Tue Jun-21-22 06:53 PM
He's not necessarily a master of anything, but he doesn't have many glaring weaknesses. Good NBA athleticism, good shot creation, good pull up shooter, good rebounder, good defender. He fights out there. This year, he had to do everything for Wisconsin and was still surprisingly efficient considering the double teams he faced.

Hard to tell if his not-great passing and not-great turnovers were just because, well, he had to do fucking everything for Wisconsin. I'd bet on that mostly being the case-- and even if it's not, the dude just absolutely works out there. I'd like him to make 3s at a better clip... but again, so much of what he had to do was off-the-bounce and contested. He's a nearly 80% FT shooter. I like his chances of being an average 3-point shooter at minimum.

Ceiling is something like Dillon Brooks with better defense. Floor is, I don't know, a KCP role player type of dude who maybe can't carry much of a load but can definitely have your team win. Kind of wonder if he slips because he's viewed as a "finished product"... but he's still only 20. Plenty of room to grow. A little work on strength, a little work on passing, a little work on the 3-ball... and he's absolutely got the stuff to be an NBA starter on a good team.