Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectGreat shot creator, but the defense is def a concern.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2768286&mesg_id=2768411
2768411, Great shot creator, but the defense is def a concern.
Posted by Frank Longo, Tue Jun-21-22 06:27 PM
He's obviously got some upside, but considering I think he'll be an average-to-below-average athlete by NBA standards, and his speed and strength entering the league are also below average, I just think most NBA players can either blow by him or bully him at this point. He's not great at getting through screens and/or recovering through contact. He may struggle to consistently hit the floor early on if he's drafted to a playoff team.

But the shot creation is real-- tremendous pull-up game. Wish he'd shoot more 3s to be honest, but he should be able to make consistent 3s in the NBA. And the positional size and young age mean it's easy to project him as someone who can grow. (And shot creation like this at 19 is pretty wild.)

He's the sort of dude I'd love to give in that 20ish range... but if someone takes him around 12-13, I'm less enthused. Real value for a team looking for offense/shot creation, though.