Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subject... I worry about Keels, tbh.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2768286&mesg_id=2768395
2768395, ... I worry about Keels, tbh.
Posted by Frank Longo, Tue Jun-21-22 02:22 PM
His game is definitely predicated on power. He was known as a good shooter in HS, so if you want to throw out last year at Duke for whatever reason and believe that he'll be a good NBA shooter based on that, then okay, but... the shot didn't fall well at all last year. And on top of that, I'm not convinced it looked that good. Like, even though Baldwin Jr.'s shots didn't fall last year, I still believe he's a shooter. Keels... I'm not convinced.

And I think the sales pitch on Keels at the NBA is his power on defense, but his lateral quickness, while good enough to be a good on-ball defender in college... I don't think it's there at the NBA. I'm sure the pitch for Keels is something like "Lu Dort with more scoring"... but I'm just not sold that he's a Lu Dort-level defender against NBA players.

Upside is what I said above: a wing who's competent on offense and uses toughness and strength on defense. Downside is absolutely someone who never makes it out of the G-League. Which would be a real shame based on his HS tape, as I loved watching him play in HS. But that shot has to start falling for this to happen.