Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectMore complicated than that, but you’re seeing this from afar so I get it
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2764551&mesg_id=2765942
2765942, More complicated than that, but you’re seeing this from afar so I get it
Posted by benny, Sun May-22-22 06:00 PM
Sure L1 is JV compared to la Liga, but is winning la Liga with Real really something that would get him the Ballon d’Or and move him to another echelon? He’s always been very conscious of history and his place in it; I think for him finally bringing the trophy back to his hometown might count as the bigger accomplishment, especially after all the misery of the past few years. And it would be clearly his doing as the undisputed leader which wasn’t necessarily the envisioned outcome when him and Neymar showed up.
Also Benzema has at least a year or two at a high level, even though him and Kyllian mesh pretty well (at least before Benz went all spurned lover on IG lol) it’s not a given that Mbappé would achieve the role he’s looking to as far as making history, and that’s even before considering Vinicius’ emergence.
Point is, he’ll still be just 26 when the new deal expires, this wasn’t a now or never proposition for RM but they are so caught up in their spin that at this point it’s easier for them to go cry on Chiringuito than explain to their fans that they never did actually get a firm yes from his camp.