Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectYou'd need a big, athletic, versatile, two way 3pt shooting team so...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2764523&mesg_id=2764549
2764549, You'd need a big, athletic, versatile, two way 3pt shooting team so...
Posted by auragin_boi, Thu May-05-22 04:11 PM

LeBron - Luka
Klay - Bojan
KD - Giannis
AD - Jokic
KAT - Embiid

Inside, we're gonna lose and the Internationals will probably have better ball movement. BUT, KAT is a good 3pt shooter so that pulls one of those bigs, likely Jokic out of the paint and he's gonna get killed all day there. KAT can go heads up with Embiid if necessary down low as well. AD, healthy is gonna slow Joker a little while pressuring him on the other end to make him work. LeBron CAN play D if locked in and would on this team with something to prove. Luka would be a handful but so would LeBron for Luka and I'd bet Luka is in foul trouble first. Klay>>>>Bojan. Easy. Clear cut advantage there. And KD just has to play Giannis to a standstill which I think he's more than capable of.

A secondary lineup:

Kawhi (healthy) - Luka
Tatum - Bojan
KD - Giannis
Draymond - Jokic
Ayton (yeah I know but he went to HS in AZ, it count) - Embiid

Ayton is coming into his own and with Draymond running the show, would get good rim runs and passes to him to neutralize Embiid a little. He also has the size to stay with Embiid a little bit inside. Dray won't stop Joker but as we saw in the last series, he was decent at annoying him and slowing him down a little. Again, KD just needs to neutralize Giannis. Tatum needs to destroy Bojan and I think he could and Kawhi just needs to slow Luka a bit and put lots of pressure on him on offense.

If you give it another 8-18 months, I'd be comfortable replacing Ayton or Kawhi with Evan Mobley. He plays great D already as a rookie. Next season his offensive game should take a leap. Yr 3...shoe in.

Not saying either team is a shoe in to win, but these two teams would have a very good shot at beating the international team in best of 7.