Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectBeterbiev is an absolute beast. My personal weekend highlights 6/18
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2764277&mesg_id=2768271
2768271, Beterbiev is an absolute beast. My personal weekend highlights 6/18
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Sun Jun-19-22 10:53 AM
Friday 6/17:

-Yulihan Luna avenges a loss from 8 yrs ago via a beautiful outclassing of Jessica Gonzalez by UD. Luna has improved quite a bit. She's not afraid of a firefight and susceptible to aggression as she used to be. I enjoy watching her box now. I wanna see her unify with any other major title holder at bantamweight.

-Juan Huertas upsets Johnatan Cardoso by 1st round KO. I'm in a prediction league and all 50+ people picked Cardoso by KO. The was a HUGE upset.

-Melissa Oddessa Parker retains her IBO by UD vs the skilled and mobile Mikenna Tansley. Tansley is the best boxer I've ever seen who's started at 24. She's 30 now, and it's kinda unbelievable. You'd think she had an amateur background. Parker was ultimately too much, but Tansley troubles any bantamweight.

Saturaday 6/18:

-Robeisy Ramirez ICES Abraham Nova with a one punch KO in the 5th. Wow. Did not see that coming. Nova is a highly touted prospect. He was the bigger guy and is skilled. Dude even has a mascot lmao. Ramirez is obviously on a mission to prove that losing his debut was a fluke. With an extensive amateur background that included a win over Shakur Stevenson, he was expected to do big things. He's hungry.

-Artur Beterbiev is just a complete beast. Absolutely runs through Joe Smith Jr in 2 rounds in another championship fight, improving to 18-0(18 KO). This is kinda unheard of for a UNIFIED champion. Dude is stopping everybody, including other champions. Beterbiev vs Bivol is THE fight to made. Forget the Yarde fight and the Canelo rematch for now. The people have spoken. Give us undisputed!

-Gabriela Alaniz dishes out a sustained beating to Tamara Demarco for 6 rounds until Demarco's corner throws the towel in on the stool. This fight was of interest to me, because they both have some amateur experience, but Demarco was in her early 30s with much more pro experience. She's a good mover who'd had the experience of being stopped by a much larger, relentless fighter she couldn't escape, but she is really good at clinching to neutralize opponent's offense. She's also stopped other experienced fighters late. Alaniz is a young fighter with great accuracy (especially if she hurts you), great at avoiding the clinch, and is relentless (her alias is literally "La Chucky" lol). So... Alaniz drops Demarco TWICE in the first round and just beats her up for 5 more until it's stopped. Alaniz is a problem for anyone at Flyweight.