Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI think he's better than that, but I do think his talent has a ceiling.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2764187&mesg_id=2764587
2764587, I think he's better than that, but I do think his talent has a ceiling.
Posted by Frank Longo, Fri May-06-22 11:08 AM
Like, he's the perfect sort of player to stunt on a backcourt like Conley/Mitchell that just straight up can't defend players on an island. And he's crafty enough to get past most big men switched onto him. He's going to make a lot of money, because he can be the starting PG for plenty of teams in the NBA imo.

But I'm definitely skeptical that he has the size, speed, and athleticism necessary to consistently produce when you're facing one of the best perimeter defense teams in the NBA on a nightly basis. And if you're relying on him to be your second option on offense, I'm... not convinced that's good enough to get you to a conference finals.

It'll be interesting to see if he stays or goes, how much he's paid, what role he's asked to do, etc. If he can find a team that'll pay him a ton of money to be the third option, I think dude could be stellar. If he's second option for a team, carrying a heavier workload... I think it'd be fine regular season but could be trouble for any team with real finals aspirations.