Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectnew squad more talented, less savvy.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2764187&mesg_id=2764289
2764289, new squad more talented, less savvy.
Posted by poetx, Mon May-02-22 10:27 PM
however the core of steph, dray, klay (and iggy) is way more savvy than the assorted vets that the earlier squads have. so this incarnation is better. only caveat is size.

>2015
>Barnes <<< wiggins
>Iggy >>> current wiggins
>bogut
>Livingston
>Speights
>Barbosa

i liked that squad w/ exception of barnes who (to me, at the time) always seemed to be klanging wide open 3s in crunch time.

none of them is as dynamic a scoring threat as poole. i'll take young glove over anyone there except iggy as a perimeter defender.

>
>2016
>Barnes
>Iggy
>bogut
>Livingston
>Speights
>Barbosa
>Rush

ibid, re: barnes.

>
>2022
>Wiggins
>Poole
>Looney
>Porter
>GpII

you forgot kuminga. he had some good minutes vs mem (even though he had a negative +/-. his energy and explosiveness can be game changing and he's a very good young, on ball defender. (gets lost off the ball sometimes).

>I'm having a hard time finding anyone on those earlier rosters
>better than Wiggins or Poole

rather, wiggins + poole + current iggy >>>> any combination of them other dudes + OG iggy.

and livingston was my guy. solid defender. fresh taper. and smoothest midrange in the game. reliable.

wigs has been a better defender, hits threes, and, of late, a better rebounder than livingston. gives another shooter to close out on and therefore spaces the floor.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

=========================================
I'm an advocate for working smarter, not harder. If you just
focus on working hard you end up making someone else rich and
not having much to show for it. (c) mad