Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectIt definitely should’ve been left out of the public forum.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2764058&mesg_id=2764179
2764179, It definitely should’ve been left out of the public forum.
Posted by Frank Longo, Sun May-01-22 04:51 AM
There’s undoubtedly countless players out there who (correctly imo) are taking the temperature and figuring out which school will assist in showing them financial appreciation, but they’re all doing it behind closed doors. I know a specific player that Duke fans are dying to get that Duke just isn’t fucking with specifically because they know it’s gonna be an NIL bidding war and they aren’t interested in that rn.

That’s the hardest thing about this right now— *no one* knows the worth of a player in NIL. So there’ll be a couple years where schools and companies will assess value while certain parties just overpay. Good for the kids who capitalize while they can, because after enough schools do million dollar NIL deals for returning kids who then don’t play well, I suspect those prices will go down for anyone who isn’t the most elite of the elite.

(I remember seeing the prices in that FBI case that people were paying for recruits and thinking, “… that’s it? that’s a bargain!” lol)