Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectIt all honestly boils down to "Will Simmons ever play?"
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2763893&mesg_id=2763895
2763895, It all honestly boils down to "Will Simmons ever play?"
Posted by Frank Longo, Wed Apr-27-22 01:33 PM
Because if his mental health means he never even takes the fucking floor again, or when he does take the floor, he's never remotely the same, then obvious win for Philly for getting James Fucking Harden for Seth Curry and a couple picks.

But if Simmons plays next year and is even, like, 85% of what he was defensively and as a playmaker for others in Philly, then I'm sure Brooklyn will be pleased that they got an aging star who didn't gel with the others well out of town for that, Curry, and a couple picks. That'd be a really nice deal both short and long term. (Longer term than they'd have had Harden, anyhow. And probably longer term than Harden can expect to be effective in Philly.)

Truthfully, I don't think the Nets' primary problem is Simmons. I think the primary problem is that the two stars of the team are weirdos and it's impossible to say what sort of talent they're going to vibe with. If Simmons clicks with Durant and Kyrie, then sky's the limit, obviously. But a guy struggling with mental health heading into that locker room definitely means the range of expected outcomes is insanely wide, lmao.

I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for the Vegas futures when they drop next year. If the Nets are top 5 (I expect they will be), I'll stay hard away. If they're, like, 7th or 8th? ... shit, that'd be high enough value for the talent of the top three that it'd be worth throwing some down and hoping it all works out in the locker room, lol.