Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI did think this through.....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2763185&mesg_id=2763236
2763236, I did think this through.....
Posted by blueeclipse, Wed Apr-20-22 03:57 PM
You did not.

You decided to try to disrespect JJ Redick for reasons unknown and discredit his opinion which honestly probably matters more than anyone in this thread.

You then tried to make this about defending Bob Cousy against the reality that he didn't play against the most talented players. My issues is not with Cousy. I didn't say one bad word about him.

My issue is with the hypocritical measuring of athletes who played in a non inclusive era.

Out of all the arguments comparing eras......this one to me is the most important.

What JJ Redick said not only applied to the lack of talent and skilled players that Cousy was playing against but the lack of talented skilled black athletes as well.

There's no getting around it. Keep trying to talk around it if you want. It happened. And it is bullshit.

That applies to Bill Russell and Wilt as well. But I guarantee you that they acknowledge it.

There weren't more than 4 black players on any team in the NBA until the mid to late 60's. The Celtics were the first to have 5 in 1963.

Thankfully the ABA came along and blew this up.