Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectIt's been a weird season
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2762407&mesg_id=2763910
2763910, It's been a weird season
Posted by mista k5, Wed Apr-27-22 04:32 PM
The trades were exciting but confusing. At the time I figured they were getting to the playoffs but I didn't know what a realistic ceiling was. It seemed like a first round exit would not be enough but it was hard to expect more than that.

The preseason and start of the season really surprised. I kept waiting for them to come down but they kept winning. So much so that I figured it would translate against the best teams but nah. Injuries came, they could never win against the best teams. Seemed like a repeat of last year. Right when it was time to make a push for the playoffs they fell apart.

That worries me. Maybe it's just a coincidence and this year's collapse was really about injuries. I feel like Billy needs to go but I understand giving him one more year.

Coming into the season it seemed like it was going to be a transition year, they picked up some pieces that would hopefully be worth building around. They had to work with the rest until they could make more moves. I don't know how much they can do this offseason but they definitely need to round out the team better. As great as Zach and DeMar have been I don't think the Bulls have that top player and they are not deep enough to make up for it.

Pat's lack of development is frustrating, he did miss most of his second season but he has to find a way to make up for it this summer. The Bulls need him to be a good starter and he's still too inconsistent. Ayo is exciting. I got a Coby jersey gifted but dude needs to go lol