Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectwho else is going to run the offense? nic claxton? david duke, jr?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2762407&mesg_id=2763720
2763720, who else is going to run the offense? nic claxton? david duke, jr?
Posted by bearfield, Mon Apr-25-22 03:40 PM
BOS game plan is to not let KD get to his spots off ball and double him when he gets the ball. BKN has no answers bc they don't have a true point guard. they have 2 combo-ish guards in dragic and mills that are cooked and can't be trusted to make the right play. kyrie is looking for his shot first, then the pass. i wouldn't want to run my offense through him either. KD is easily their best ball handler and playmaker. they are limited by personnel. only so many adjustments you can make when your roster falls apart when one player can't do what they want. BKN went all in on a top-heavy lineup then lost their true PG. the price they are paying for that is getting washed in the first round

i'm neutral on nash as i think he's had a tough go of it these past 2 seasons and is managing these personalities pretty well. i think d'antoni did a lot of the offensive heavy lifting last year and this year the offense went to shit without him so nash might indeed not have the x's and o's / adjustment chops needed to excel in this league. but idk what you expect him to do coaching-wise with such a weird roster that is getting manhandled by the best defense in the league that is particularly suited to deal with KD and is exceptionally well coached. i wouldn't blame nets FO at all for moving on from nash but i bet they give him at least half a season with simmons/kd/kyrie