Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectNote how you didn’t actually rebut any of it
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2762407&mesg_id=2762450
2762450, Note how you didn’t actually rebut any of it
Posted by Cold Truth, Tue Apr-12-22 12:29 AM
>I completely forgot about Kobe passing away btw touche
>
>by March that was old news. We had actual real-life problems
>to deal with.

What?

>But I think if polled, most NBA fans wouldnt see that chip in
>the same light,

Cool story. There’s a reason you ran with a blanket argument from popularity. The fact is, that asterisk makes a bigger statement about the rest of the league than it does about the Lakers. You can’t have it solely as a negative stripe against the Lakers without it staining everyone else with the “couldn’t win an easy one” stigma as well. You want the asterisk, you take that shit too.

Of course, you do; you already admitted as much, until it came time to acknowledge the way all those pieces ho hand in hand.

I agree on what your hypothetical poll would say.

Problem is, the actual arguments behind that sentiment are more or less the same as yours- and, like you, those people *completely* ignore the way the downside of those arguments objectively make the rest of the league look bad by comparison.

hell I know a few Lakers fans that feel the
>same way..that you guys mortgaged it all for something that
>isnt quite the same

Note how you had all these specific arguments- but do not have specific responses to reasonable, logical rebuttals, instead going to “well other people think this too”.

That’s an objectively terrible take on ANY subject, specific contextual situations aside. It’s generic and piss poor reasoning, all by itself.

Every single argument you’ve made so far would be just as terrible, were they made about the Kings or Hornets or what have you. My fandom of the team does not in any wag impact the poor quality of your arguments.

So, do you have an actual, substantive rebuttal to any of this?

Or is this a situation where you’re game until it gets dicey for your position, and it's suddenly not that serious, bro, or some other stock cop out? You already used “a Lakers fan WOULD say that”, and “a lot of people agree”.

Do you have anything that isn’t an objectively bad argument under nearly any circumstance, in any discussion, on any subject?