Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectwhere is your line, man?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2762351&mesg_id=2763573
2763573, where is your line, man?
Posted by Stadiq, Sat Apr-23-22 11:19 PM

Up above you accused anyone not cosigning Jokic's MVP as having an agenda...but you are clearly on your own agenda shit. More than anyone else on this topic.

Every time someone makes an argument against your boy, you either downplay it or completely ignore it.

You want to focus on the fact that playoffs don't count....which is technically true of course...but you completely ignore that every MVP has been held to this standard come playoff time.

If you are the MVP of the league, it should absolutely show in the playoffs.

Dude has not. Even his latest game as impressive if you look at the stats...but if you actually watched the game you know a) he was a defensive liability again and b) he was a non-factor in the closing minutes.

I'm not going to OkaySports you, but I imagine at some point you have called out Westbrook on his stat-stuffing...just a guess...what is different here?

How are his stats impressive/ MVP like...but so may others haven't been?

Denver was the SIXTH SEED. Should there be a floor for MVP regarding his team's record?

If so, where is it?

If not, can say...Dame win it next year if Portland takes 7th? 8th? Misses the playoffs? Assuming he puts up excellent numbers of course?

Where is your line?

Playoff performance doesn't matter...being at least consistently not a liability on defense doesn't matter....team standing doesn't matter...

Is it just stats? Will you apply this next year to any player, or just...certain ones?

I'm honestly not trying to be an asshole because you seem like a decent dude...but you have a blind spot I think.

Plenty of all-time great BLACK players have put up tremendous stats on shitty teams but did not win MVP. Its just a tough pill to swallow watching the double standards here.

Can you really not see that?

His team was 6th. What...6 games over 500? Defensive liability, despite his improvement in this area. Vanishes in closing minutes. Ejected. Etc etc.

Even the steal...yeah Draymond is a dog but cmon...your boy has like 5" on dude at least. That was a fucking lapse by the "MVP"

Nah.

The only way someone can look at this and say "Jokic is clearly the MVP" is if you care only about stats....and I have a hard time believing anyone doing this isn't being a huge hypocrite.