Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectcmon man
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2762351&mesg_id=2763189
2763189, cmon man
Posted by Stadiq, Wed Apr-20-22 12:59 PM

Yeah this entire place is agenda-town, but I think its okay to point out Denver's record/standing.

I think at least 50 wins is a reasonable floor. Top 3 in conference.

There HAS to be some type of floor or the award just becomes "most impressive"

And an MVP flaming out in the playoffs is not strictly agenda 'driven...it always gets the side-eye when it happens.

And pointing out the double standard for a great white hope is absolutely fair game.

I just dont think a guy on a 47 win, 6th seed team is the MVP no matter what the numbers are. No matter what the pro- Jokic agenda is.

I also chuckle when advanced stats are used...those can absolutely be skewed/inaccurate and at the very least don't tell the whole story.

Him flaming out in the first round just adds to my argument. Of course it is a regular season award, but the award comes with expectations. Those expectations should be the same for a great white hope. MVP going on early vaca is not a good look.

At the very absolute least, in a close race, the team's record should be considered. Not to mention there isn't a GM on this earth that would take Jokic over Giannis...which should be another tie breaker.