Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectAnd the women (and let’s say tag team shit 2x)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2759738&mesg_id=2767383
2767383, And the women (and let’s say tag team shit 2x)
Posted by jimaveli, Fri Jun-10-22 02:47 PM
I think AEW tries to do a decent job of making it clear that some people are sneaking around racking up wins. It’s not perfect but it’s a good way to not require people to see every match. And it’s not reasonable to act like seeing every match was ever a requirement for any fed ever. Cuz it wasn’t. For AEW, it’s there if you want to see it/seek it. But you don’t really need it. The biggest issue there is that there’s whole business models devoted to moaning about every little thing aew does that doesn’t immediately appear perfect. Wrestling feds in general really. ‘WWE has sucked since 1998’ is some lazy shit that makes me want to scream every time I hear/see it.

Besides that, they’re legitimately messing up some stuff. The biggest thing to me is that they don’t have the women’s shit rolling at all besides Jade. And the innanet has decided that DMD is AEW’s Charlotte Flair so she can’t do anything without crowing and crying following. Some of the ladies can for sure work a solid/physical match and several more of them are at least moderately good looking, which doesn’t hurt.

As for the tag team shit..yeah, they have hella good teams and 3-man squads but it seems like they can’t get enough of it going at the same time to max it out. And yeah, the wrong team is champ. MAYBE they’re more active than I know and I’m missing it but they’re not doing a good job of getting it across.

>you watch this show and that last PPV and it at least seems
>that Khan has too many toys and no idea how to play with them.
>Outside of CM Punk, the show has devolved into a complete
>clusterfuck in record time. The momentum they carried into
>2022 has evaporated.
>
>I'm so confused by AEW right now. What they make a point of
>emphasizing and think is good just baffles me.
>
>- is this all Jurassic Express is?
>
>- why does FTR not get 15 minutes of wrestling every week?
>
>- Jericho and everything he does right now is dogshit
>
>- you picked O'Reilly over Danielson for the interim title
>match?
>
>- Adam Cole is not it. Sorry.
>
>- Their women's division already sucked. So here's Paige Van
>Zant?
>
>- Hangman was champion. Again, Hangman was champion.
>
>- Hardy Boys in 2022? I'm all set.
>
>
>THE SHOW IS MJF, CM PUNK, DANIELSON, SAMOA JOE, AND SOME GOOD
>TAG WRESTLING. DO THAT.
>
>