Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectHuh? Tana was gonna lose to Punk and will also lose to Mox
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2759738&mesg_id=2767318
2767318, Huh? Tana was gonna lose to Punk and will also lose to Mox
Posted by pretentious username, Fri Jun-10-22 08:25 AM
No offense to Tana, but that wasn’t the most high profile match they had on the table for Punk. NJPW probably doesn’t want Okada, Naito, or Jay White to lose to him, so Tana was tapped for the job cause he’s a big name and can still go. That’s how the “politics” of these shows work. Both companies have their guys that can’t lose and their guys that can. You match them up from there so that everyone is happy. Mox is a big guy in both companies, he probably ain’t losing.

>also, the new champion is gonna be rolling around in the mud
>with 2point0 3 days later?
>
>that doesnt make any sense to me.

I don’t see how that’s an issue when it’s Mox we’re talking about. They also booked Blood and Guts before they knew the extent of Punk’s injury.

>
>obviously none of this makes sense, but after all these
>personal travails, theyre not gonna give Punk his big match
>with someone from NJPW? instead its with Moxley? what use to
>me is Tanahashi if he cant beat Moxley?

They’re not planning out a 2nd forbidden door, dude. They’re rolling with what they have for the first one. Tana was booked to lose and still is. They’re not worrying about a future Tana vs. Punk match rn.

why is there no
>overarching angle to this? why arent these NJPW people
>beating the shit out of the AEW Dark crowd on Dynamite so JR
>can set the table for us? where is sonny onoo when you
>actually need him?
>
>i believe what you say abt Tanahashi, but this is all so ill
>conceived. they bring in NJPW because theyre running out of
>matches, just for Moxley? im not seeing the vision

Idk what you’re saying here. Yes, this was all poorly planned, and on top of that they have injuries to deal with, so they’re booking on the fly. But with this match, there is an angle that they are not responsible for. NJPW has been teasing Tana/Mox for a year (Mox has been acting like Tana has been ducking him). When Punk went down, this is the direction they chose. That doesn’t mean Mox is gonna lose. If I were a betting man, I’d put a lot of money on Mox.